To think along with clients and sell. As a Senior Cloud Transformation lead, you will drive our clients form various industries by developing and utilizing…...
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Cloud Transformation lead, you will drive our clients form various industries by developing and utilizing industry-specific insights and cross-industry strategies to gain competitive advantages through Digital Technology.
You’ll prepare and manage complex components of engagements, working closely with clients, key stakeholders and their customers to understand and solve sources of their pain points.
Your project-based results and recommendations will drive change in a digitally enabled era and make the difference for our clients and us as a team in the market.
We are seeking for a Senior Cloud Transformation lead, with focus on Cloud Strategy, Tactics and Operations. This role drives our customers through their journey to cloud by identifying and specifying the IT challenges, the strategic and operational planning up to the technical and architectural design of the solution or parts of it.
This role helps clients in the definition of a future Cloud Vision and Target operating Model through:
- Definition of business drivers and the business case for cloud computing
- Definition and implementation of cloud adoption strategies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, …)
- Definition of a hybrid multicloud architecture
- Definition and implementation of a future operating model for cloud/hybrid cloud models
- Translation of business requirements towards new IT Operating Models
- Definition of sourcing strategies and provider selection in a Multi-and Hybrid-Cloud Context
- Definition of the automation strategy
You drive our customers on their journey through cloud by identifying and specifying the IT challenges, the strategic and operational planning up to the technical and architectural design of the solution.
Responsibilities in Scope:
- Deliver and lead consultancy projects for Cloud Advisory Services
- Identify new opportunities in the market and develop client relationships
- lead RFP response in your area of expertise
- Work directly with the hyperscalers to understand the best strategy for our clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in a consulting firm
- Experience working in cloud (IBM Cloud, Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud, Openstack)
- Knowledge about automation stack
- At least 1 of the following Public Cloud Provider certifications: Azure Expert Certified /AWS Professional Certified / GOOGLE Cloud Professional Certified
- Experience working with application and architecture teams, understanding non-functional requirements, and designing solutions.
- Experience working with docker containers and microservices architectures. Container orchestration (kubernetes, swarm, public cloud containers services)
- Infrastructure as code and Software Defined Environments
- Knowledge in microservices applications based on Spring Cloud, AngularJS, ELK, DevOps tools, Proxies, Kafka, Blockchain, web servers.
- Portuguese and English Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Configuration management tools (staltstack, ansible, chef,…)
- Lifecycle managment tools (git, jenkins,..)
- Scripting (Bash, perl, ruby …)
- Programming languages (Python, Go, …)
- Web development and API management
- Data lake, hadoop, spark and other Big Data and Analytics technologies
- Cognitive, machine learning
- Networking skills: TCP/IP, Routing RIP, BGP, GRE, MPLS, VRF,Load balancing, Firewall, DN,
- Agile and devops methodologies and practices
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.