Some prior exposure and expertise working with engineering teams in a startup (ideally blockchain) context is required to be successful in creating appropriate…...
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core products include an open source, Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web, as well as foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.
Who are we?
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation’s priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 70+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That’s why everything we do is completely public to the entire community. You can view our development, Town Halls and conversations.
We are looking for a Technical Senior Business Development Manager to structure, develop and support partnership activities of Status’ Nimbus, a leading ETH2 client implementation.
Your main duties will include identifying and developing strategies to deliver more value to Nimbus and Status, identify partnership opportunities and lead all aspects of execution. You will also represent our company while interacting with major players of the ecosystem. Some prior exposure and expertise working with engineering teams in a startup (ideally blockchain) context is required to be successful in creating appropriate relationships which are vital to this role’s success.
- Represent the company externally and establish relationships across strategic third parties, institutions and companies
- Proactively push thinking around product partnerships and other strategic initiatives
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts
- Responsible for achieving strategic account targets
- Communicate with major partners on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
- Manage processes related to product integrations
- Assist in financial planning and analysis
- Integrating contract requirements with business operations
- 4+ years work experience with sales or business development
- Technically-minded with some background in software development or engineering, or working with technical products
- Successful track record selling new business and products in emerging technology markets
- Ability to execute many tasks in parallel across multiple threads involving numerous stakeholders and counterparties
- Ability to qualify leads and counterparts rigorously
- Commitment to structured negotiations and outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Used to – or quick to get into the habit of – being productive through the means of asynchronous communication
Status compensates people with competitive salaries in fiat or crypto, plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period.
- Phone screening with someone from our People Ops team
- Interviews with one of Status’ co-founders, CFO and a technical lead from our team