Introduction Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridg
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM, working as IBM Consultings’ technical delivery partner. We continually innovate for our customers, employees and shareholders. Our Technical Skills range from Application Development (Java, Front End, Full Stack, DevOps), Testing Services, Technical Support through to Microsoft. In addition to our technical expertise we can cover Delivery through Project Managers & Project Analysts, Business or Data Analysts.
In this role you support our client in building a new analytics platform for planning and production as well as the development of a cloud-based data warehouse.
- Covering reporting and analysis needs, processes and data flows in the context of data warehouse migrations and the development of the new analytics platform
- Writing user stories for the preparation and provision of data in the context of a Mircoservices architecture in a Snowflake-based Big Data ecosystem
- Supporting the development of new evaluation options from analysis to software development and testing to commissioning
- Responsibility for quality assurance during implementation
- Understanding and designing visualisation functions and user interactions etc. in suitable formats such as wireframes, mockups, etc.
- Intensive cooperation and lively exchange with a wide range of data consumers (planners and operators of infrastructure managers, railway companies of public institutions)
- Intensive cooperation and lively exchange with architects, frontend and data engineers
What we offer you:
- Individual career path
- Access to countless trainings and certification offerings
- A knowledge sharing culture
- An environment where you are actively contributing your ideas
- The possibility to work in projects in one of the largest IT companies
Please note that we only accept direct applications (no agency applications).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Several years of experience in business analysis and writing user stories
- Experience with logical and conceptual database models or the exchange of data between different applications
- Ability to derive data flows and transformations from technical documentation or existing ETL processes
- Experience with data historisation
- Quick comprehension, a high degree of initiative and acceptance of responsibility
- Proactive and strong communication skills in interacting with different user groups
- Willingness to contribute in a variety of ways in a dynamic project context
- Experience of working in larger companies and projects
- Fluent in German and English (written & spoken)
- Fluent in French is a strong plus (written & spoken)
- Swiss nationality or valid Swiss work permit / EU passport
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in the railway industry (with advantage in railway production (planning, operation))
- Experience with modelling data flows in Big Data ecosystems
- Experience in using BI tools (Tableau, Power-BI, etc.) and creating dashboards
- Experience with Snowflake data warehouses or other Big Data platforms
- Experience with SQL / data querie and RDBMS
- Experience with UX design for complex, interactive data visualisations or with UX design in Mirco front-end based web solutions
- Knowledge of the tools Confluence / Jira
- Experience/knowledge of Scrum, SAFe / working in a scaled agile environment
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.