Job Description: Fidelity Center for Applied Technology (FCAT) has the mission to catalyze innovation for Fidelity and our clients and supports the entire Fidelity businesses. Within FCAT there is a
Fidelity Center for Applied Technology (FCAT) has the mission to catalyze innovation for Fidelity and our clients and supports the entire Fidelity businesses. Within FCAT there is a group leading the efforts on how new technology could both disrupt our current businesses and provide new opportunities for new products and services. We currently have a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, researchers, designers, product managers, security and compliance experts tackling a number of opportunities centered around blockchain technologies.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Understanding of the cryptographic principles underpinning Bitcoin or Ethereum
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular or React
- Experience with the development of client/server applications
- Experience with the integration of 3rd party platforms using industry standard protocols
- Knowledge of security including vulnerabilities and attacks in the Blockchain space
- At least 3 years’ experience in UNIX and working knowledge of UNIX scripting languages
- Exposure to Oracle and/or NoSQL databases is highly desired
The Purpose of Your Role
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for working closely with the Director of Architecture to architect, design and build pilots and new products. Candidates must be comfortable working with a small team of developers in a fast paced and highly ambiguous environment working with emerging technologies, high risks and uncertainty.
The Skills You Bring
- Have a passion for blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Have an adversarial mindset: be just as good at breaking code as creating it
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Have a collaborative mind set and enjoy sharing knowledge with other developers
The Value You Deliver
- Work closely with the business to develop prototypes, pilots, and full-scale applications
- Provide input into technology solutions and ideas to support business goals
- Escalate issues and risks to management for timely resolution
At FCAT, we use emerging technologies and human-centred design to create visionary products and services that improve people’s financial lives. As the innovation engine for Fidelity Investments, we provide expertise to the rest of the firm on new tools and techniques, while also incubating potential new lines of business. See what we’re up to at FidelityLabs.com.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1,300 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com.