The protocol design & cryptography research team at Ripple is looking for motivated individuals with an expertise in protocol design, cryptography & distributed ledger technology. This individual will
The protocol design & cryptography research team at Ripple is looking for motivated individuals with an expertise in protocol design, cryptography & distributed ledger technology. This individual will lead impactful projects and build amazing features to improve not only the state-of-art of the XRP ledger, but more broadly the blockchain ecosystem. As one of the foundational members of our research team, this high-impact role gives you a great opportunity to shape the vision for the team & its future.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reason through the emerging trends in the crypto and blockchain space and identify (non)obvious opportunities for XRP ledger
- Proactively perform feasibility studies and analysis for feature enhancements on XRP ledger
- Provide expert review and guidance to the leadership to ensure business & strategic alignment
- Design & write technical specifications and academic papers for innovative features/applications; thus, advancing the state-of-art
- Design and develop proof of concepts
- Set milestones for timely and on-budget completion of high-quality deliverables
- Be a representative of Ripple research in the community via active participation in standards bodies, academic conferences, social media, organizing and participating in workshops, hackathons, etc.
- Work with the teams across the broader organization, including engineering, product, legal, compliance, finance, and business development to think beyond the technical design in delivering the best experience for our developers’ community
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated interest in blockchain technology, Web3 and low-level protocol development. Understanding of XRP ledger is preferred, but not required
- An open-minded research approach and genuine intellectual curiosity
- Sharp analytical mind with a killer instinct to identify thematic trends in the market
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical audience
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- You thrive on autonomy, responsibility and owning your work, end to end
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team, organization and broader community
- At least 2+ years of relevant research & development experience in academic and/or industry settings
- An advanced degree in a technical area (i.e., mathematics, engineering, or computer science). Candidates with a PhD degree are preferred
- You are open to travel
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.