Remote working is the new norm. Do you want to avoid a daily commute, reduce stress, achieve a work-life balance, spend more time with your family, be more creative and improve productivity? At Remote
Remote working is the new norm. Do you want to avoid a daily commute, reduce stress, achieve a work-life balance, spend more time with your family, be more creative and improve productivity? At RemoteStar, we follow a remote-first work policy. If you’re passionate about working from home or a nearby co-working space with leading start-ups and scale-ups, RemoteStar can be a great fit.
A London-based Start-up is building an innovative and disruptive Blockchain platform.
This is a fully remote role and requires fluency in written and verbal English. Working in small teams you’ll work closely with our clients on their Blockchain projects and deliver increased value to the Blockchain community with our software.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Blockchain Developer and, in this role, you will work with both the internal team and collaborate with open source developers to implement and review feature requests.
You will be reporting directly to the CTO based in Cambridge, UK. As Senior Blockchain Developer, you’ll participate in all development aspects of the solution. This is a full-time permanent role for a true self-starter.
As our Senior Blockchain Developer, you’ll be responsible for
- Demonstrable development track record – active GitHub profiles are great, but we appreciate not everyone gets to work on OSS, so we’ll need to understand what you’ve done previously
- Great communication skills – you need to be happy to collaborate with your peers and speak with our clients
- Used to working in an agile environment – we follow an agile methodology for delivery and use continuous delivery pipelines
- Keen to work with other technologies – although your primary role will entail Java development, you should be just as happy to work with Kotlin and get your hands dirty with deployment pipelines and other challenges that present themselves.
- Self-starter – we’re a remote team, so you need to be very comfortable working remotely and getting the most out of collaboration tools such as Zoom, Slack, Trello.
What do we value?
- 5 years experience in software development, peer-to-peer and distributed systems
- Experience with Java/ GoLang/ Kotlin/Rust
- Experience with Web3 libraries (ethers.js, truffle, web3js).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Solidity
- 5 + years of knowledge and experience with DevOps, CI/CD, Git(Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
- Experience collaborating in an Agile work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and strong cross-cultural communication.
- Willingness to learn new disciplines, problem solver, proactive, and overall well-grounded engineer.
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience with Polkadot and Substrate framework
- Comfortable with polyglot tech environment
- Contributed to open source development (Github profile)
- Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of RLP or similar serialization and encoding schemes
What is on offer?
- Participate in an open, fun, entrepreneurial and creative company culture
- Global organization and international opportunities
- Work from the location of your choice
- Competitive Salary
- Feature ownership combining data and customer feedback to create meaningful solutions to the everyday problems our users face.
- Unlimited annual leave; we do our best work when we’re feeling refreshed so take the time you need to relax!
- Flexible working: we trust you to work whenever and wherever you feel most productive.
- Found a great book, meetup or conference? We’ll pay for the tools and resources to support your continued learning!
- It’s important to stay healthy, so we’ll pay for your gym membership or fitness apps.
- BYOD – You are welcome to work from your own choice of laptop
Who are we?
We are RemoteStar, a team of experienced engineering and people managers on a mission to transform the future of work.
We’re not a typical workplace. At RemoteStar, we believe in data-driven decision-making and the importance of flexibility, fun, passion, personal growth, and transparency. And we’re doing everything we can to make sure you’re enjoying every minute you spend with us.
Here at RemoteStar, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Everyone is welcome. We don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.
Additionally, trust and privacy are key to our success at RemoteStar, so we would like to let you know that in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, upon submitting an application, your CV and personal details will be added to our database and may be used to match you to any future, suitable vacancies as they arise. Of course, we will remove your details at any time should you wish us to do so.