Senior Blockchain Developer DLT COE
Division: Group Digital Capabilities (GDC) The Group Digital Capabilities (GDC) division contributes to Euroclear’s competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the fina
Division: Group Digital Capabilities (GDC)
The Group Digital Capabilities (GDC) division contributes to Euroclear’s competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets. Our teams deliver new IT solutions and improve existing applications for both our internal and external clients. We deploy changes into the production environment in a controlled and structured way that does not compromise production stability and we ensure applicative production support.
Emerging technologies such as Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), cloud, artificial intelligence and API coupled with strategic trends such as ESG could be game changers for our industry. Euroclear seeks to seize opportunities created by these new technologies and strategic trends to develop product, services and capabilities addressing market inefficiencies and strengthen Euroclear market infrastructure role.
The Innovation tribe within IT is the delivery arm of these game changing digital capabilities, across business lines and entities. To support its growth and ambitions, we are reinforcing the Digital Ledger Technology (DLT)/Blockchain Centre Of Excellence (COE) team with a blockchain developer and working within a fast paced truly agile environment.
The Digital Ledger Technology (DLT)/Blockchain COE is as a centralized team responsible for developing and implementing robust processes, procedures, and best practices related to DLT-enabled solutions throughout Euroclear.
The hybrid operating model of the DLT COE will ensure that the COE acts as the guardian of the foundations, while also enabling individual development teams to implement their DLT-based solutions with the support of the COE.
- Designing and writing of Smart Contracts and related Flows on Corda (R3)
- Write event triggers on Corda.
- Initial Corda setup (Network, Node identities, …)
- Code Reviews for components developed by other developers making part of the team.
- Ensure code is compliant from a security and coding guidelines point of view.
- Writing and executing unit tests for components implemented
- Coach & support junior/medior developers and act as a design authority for the team
- Ensure design consistency across the various SmartContracts composing the solutions.
- Design and develop templates, standards and guidelines for all DLT related deliverables to ensure COE’s mission to guard and enable delivery teams to deliver efficient and effectively.
- Understanding of computer science and software delivery
- Understanding of back-end development, multiple layers in the system infrastructure and the application stack
- Experience in designing and implementing SmartContracts and Flows on Corda (R3) ledger.
- Experience with at least one JVM based language – Groovy, Java or Kotlin is a must.
- Experience with Build tooling such as Jenkins / Gradle / Docker / Python scripting is a plus but not a requirement.
- Experience debugging, reproducing or theorizing edge cases that might be reported by Quality Assurance testers or customers.
- Experience in writing SmartContract in Corda native language (Kotlin), knowledge of Solidity is a plus
- Experience with Contract Specification Language (from Deon Digital) and/or Digital Asset Meta Language (From Digital Asset) is a plus
- Message Broker, Message Queueing or similar experience beneficial.
- Have working experience with Microsoft Azure cloud and Devops