We are constantly on the lookout for new talent as we have many projects around the globe. All of our roles are 100% remote. The company is a software engineering and digital produc
The company is a software engineering and digital product design consultancy specialising in helping large enterprises grow their digital capabilities..
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Engineering team for one of our key projects. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to focus on building and improving our consumer and business APIs and the many microservices powering our web and mobile applications. You will be designing and building services with three core principles in mind: maintainability, performance, and security.
If you are excited about high-availability requirements, scalability problems, automated workflows, infrastructure orchestration, queueing systems, APIs and protocols like GraphQL and gRPC, this project is perfect for you!
Key technical competencies:
- Go/Python (nice-to-have)
- Building the most powerful, easy to use payment platform in the world.
- Delivering new features and enhancements to our platform.
- Working closely with the Frontend and Mobile Engineering teams to integrate frontend UI.
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers and other project stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support).
- Helping the team keep up-to-date with the tech stack ecosystem.
- Writing high quality code with performance and scalability in mind.
- Senior experience as a Backend Engineer.
- Strong understanding of relational (preferably PostgreSQL) and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Redis).
- Strong understanding of web semantics.
- Knowledge of revision control systems.
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
- Experience in developing APIs for other products you’ve worked on. [nice to have]
- Developing software interacting with message queues (e.g. Kafka, NSQ, Pulsar or RabbitMQ). [nice to have]
- Experience in integrating APIs from other services providers. [nice to have]
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business. [nice to have]
- Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
- Attractive salary on B2B contract
- Ability to switch projects if desired
- Work in an international environment on projects for reputable Clients.