About Uphold Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and p
Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience – ‘Anything-to-Anything’ – allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step – physical gold to Bitcoin, for example – saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
The Connectivity Group
We power integrations for the Uphold platform with an overweight focus on how money comes onto and off of Uphold. We work with all manner of APIs and systems around the world with the goal of expanding the ways in which users can interact with our suite of products and financial services.
How we do it
We work heavily with AWS and use the standard nix tool suite where and when appropriate.
You’ll be joining a new group working on new problems on a new codebase. You’ll have significant ownership of the new codebase and will be a major contributor to a critical new business line.
- Five or more years experience in software engineering
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages Node.js, TypeScript (backend), Go, Python, or Ruby on Rails.
- Professional experience with AWS
- Experience and excitement to make greenfield architecture decisions as part of a new team
- Effective communication skills; a positive, team player
- Significant experience in automated testing frameworks, continuous integration, and test driven design
- Experience using Git in production environments
- Comfort working in an agile, fast-moving, iterative software development process
- Ability to be highly effective in remote-first environment
Bonus if you have:
- Blockchain and cryptocurrencies knowledge/experience
- MySQL or Postgres
- Makefiles and bash scripting
- React and/or other frontend frameworks
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.