Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 6 billion downloads and over 300 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #2 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after
Our consumer apps teams are creating innovative and entertaining apps for everyday life. Our mission to entertain the world goes beyond gaming. The apps we create are downloaded and used by millions of people around the world, with a central focus on the US.
Blitz is a gaming platform launched by Voodoo in 2021, allowing players to compete in mobile games for real cash prizes (head-up, tournaments, leagues, etc.). It is leveraging Voodoo’s unique game portfolio as well as exclusive games crafted for Blitz to engage users in a fun and rewarding way.
We are looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer who will play a key role in the development of Blitz, our real-money gaming platform.
- Programming Languages: Python, bash
- Databases: AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, AWS Timestream, Redis, PostgreSQL
- AWS Cloud Services: S3, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, Lambda, EKS
- CI/CD: Kubernetes, Docker, argocd
- Monitoring and Alerting: Prometheus, Grafana, Newrelic
- Productivity: Trello, Slack, Notion, Discord, GDrive
- Excellent back-end programming skills with 4+ years of experience
- A good understanding of the basics of algorithms and databases
- Write readable, maintainable, and testable code
- Experience with any cloud infrastructure provider (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- The willingness to learn and evolve
- Experience writing production-grade systems in python, is a plus
- Experience with micro-service architecture and highly distributed systems, is a plus
- Familiarity with our technology stack (see below), is a plus
- Experience in the Gaming industry, is a plus
- Experience with Payment Services Providers, is a plus