Senior Azure Platform Solution Architect
Introduction IBM Consulting has pivoted to go all-in with Microsoft and is quickly becoming one of Microsoft's top global SI partners. IBM have made huge investments in skilling and hiring some o
IBM Consulting has pivoted to go all-in with Microsoft and is quickly becoming one of Microsoft’s top global SI partners. IBM have made huge investments in skilling and hiring some of the best Microsoft talent in the market, where we have over 40,000 Microsoft consulting practitioners globally, across Azure Infrastructure, Digital & Application Innovation, Data & AI, Security and Business Applications.
We are rapidly expanding with over 100% year-on-year growth, and we are continuing to add the best talent we can find to our business. It’s a truly exciting time to join IBM’s Microsoft Go-to-Market team.
We operate both across industrial sectors, as well as cross-sector Solution Area technology roles, directly mapping into how Microsoft go to market. We live and breathe Microsoft solutions, with the unique advantage of having a broad eco-system portfolio within the wider IBM business. IBMers get out of bed to improve the world through technology, and Microsoft believe in empowering every individual and business to do more – our partnership and shared values is creating something special.
Solution Architects are one of the most important roles at IBM. You will have the opportunity to bring your expertise, passion, and creativity to create fantastic value and success for our portfolio of the world’s leading enterprise clients. If you’re ready to create and build, within a collaborative and supportive culture, backed by the power of IBM, we can offer you an exceptional opportunity to make a difference, to learn and to grow.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The role is a combination of both technical pre-sales and delivery, with an approximate 60/40 split, which will vary based on demand. Depending on your role and demand, your pre-sales activities will be mixed across opportunity origination (campaigns and offering enablement) and opportunity closing (solutioning).
- On a day-to-day basis you will collaborate with our sellers, accounts, and delivery teams, purely focused on transformation solutions with Microsoft cloud and eco-system technologies.
- Act as a Microsoft cloud evangelist, and using your deep expertise to articulate technical answers, demonstrate Microsoft solutions, cloud practices and the business value to our clients.
- Keep up to date with new technology and be an enablement leader to assist our clients to assess, build and deliver new capabilities.
- Responsible for creating cloud value transformation business cases for our clients, articulating the benefits of the Microsoft cloud platforms.
- Build strong and enduring relationships with our clients, account teams, and technology practices.
- Establish relationships and collaborate with Microsoft UKI, and our wider IBM businesses, Nordcloud, IBM Security and IBM Technology.
- Lead the end-to-end solution shaping, technology architecture, cost estimation, delivery planning, deal economics, proposal, and statements of work authoring.
- Lead the internal solution sign-off within the IBM solution release process, ensuring that our solution teams have created the optimal winning solution that can be confidently executed by our delivery teams.
- Lead the presentation of solutions to our client C-suite and senior buyers – articulating technical, requirements mapping, business value and client obligations.
- Collaborate with our global Microsoft campaigns and offerings teams to develop, distil, and enable with your region. Lead or oversee large-scale and complex deal cycles with our largest enterprise accounts.
- Take an active role in monitoring and driving our Microsoft opportunity pipeline
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Your Professional Experience
- You have a passion for technology, expertise, creativity, and evangelism.
- Consulting experience is essential, and you will be able to demonstrate your ability to influence, manage stakeholders and act with integrity.
- You have experience with Microsoft technologies and the eco-system of ISV products and offerings.
- Ideally you come from a technology delivery background, where you have experience in support, engineering and/or project delivery, and can be hands on where required.
- Experience with working with large global technology systems integrators and know how to navigate your way around their offerings, capabilities, accounts, and partners to originate and delivery opportunities.
- You can talk at the level of a technical engineer, right through to the c-suite. You have a good presence and can establish immediate credibility.
- Worked on large scale, complex solutions, and delivery with Global Fortune 500 businesses, or similar.
- Leading, coaching, and mentoring team and project members.
- Developing go-to-market offerings, campaigning and enabling sales teams to take to market.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
- You have experience of being a technology leader, and trusted ambassador.
Your Technical Expertise
- At least 4-5 years of experience on the Microsoft platform and its services
- Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
As many of the following:
- Azure Enterprise Scale Landing Zone
- Well Architected on Azure
- Windows & SQL Server Migrations
- Linux & OSS DB Migrations
- VMWare Migration to Azure VMWare Solution
- Remote Desktop on Azure (AVD, Citrix, VMWare)
- SAP on Azure
- BCDR on Azure
- Azure Stack, ARC and IoT
- Container platforms (AKS, ARO)
- Infrastructure as Code (ARM, Bicep, Azure DevOps Pipelines, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins)
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.