(Senior) Associate, Digital & Customer Experience
Description Department: Alvarez and Marsal’s Digital and Technology Services (DTS) professionals work with corporate clients, private equity firms and their portfolio companies to drive ne
Alvarez and Marsal’s Digital and Technology Services (DTS) professionals work with corporate clients, private equity firms and their portfolio companies to drive new forms of value creation – top and bottom-line growth – throughout the entire investment lifecycles. We help clients short circuit strategy through execution, drawing from new approaches to accelerated innovation and commercialisation or scale of new business opportunities, while grounding everything we do on A&M’s heritage in complex turnaround, operational and financial value engineering.
Through our DTS practice, Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) helps clients ideate, incubate, and industrialise new business models including agile target operating models, customer and product innovations, or intelligent and automated back offices leveraging a mix of capabilities ranging from digital product management, customer experience (CX) service design, data and analytics, and self-service platforms. Working directly with client management, A&M’s involvement reassures all stakeholders that the company is taking important steps to address key market opportunities or challenges and maximise the value of its business and technology investments moving forward.
A&M’s DTS professionals work on some of the world’s most high-profile cases in a rapidly transforming landscape, striving for game-changing solutions that provide impactful long-term change. Our international team is comprised of seasoned executives from diverse backgrounds, functional experts & highly skilled consultants.
Purpose of the Customer Experience (CX) team:
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a ‘hands on’ CX team. You will contribute to work streams on large programs but also smaller projects, leveraging your Digital & Technology knowhow and skill set in challenging the status quo and developing sound solutions either from an external point of view or in collaborative settings with your client organization.
Alongside out broader DTS team colleagues, we define and deliver innovative strategic outlooks – aligning each CX initiative to a specific company goal- getting the client from where the company is today to where it wants to be in the future.
The CX team drive the optimal perception that customers have of a clients’ brand – before, during and after a product or service purchase. We put the customer at the center of all interactions, improving the digital experience on website and mobile apps and the customer experience of all touch points with a client, driving long term engagement, loyalty & trust. This happens across social networks to YouTube Channels, and from instore to online, transform all digital marketing / sales / service to determine a complete and future-thinking Customer & Digital experience proposition.
Our vision is a customer operation combining a human-digital hybrid that enables 24/7 customer engagement & end-to-end services. Our Customer Experience team cover the customer lifecycle of attraction, satisfaction, and retention. The team are experts at enhancing Customer & Digital Experiences for our clients, promoting the shift to digital channels through leading process transformation and technology.
Responsibilities at Associate/Senior Associate level:
As a (Senior) Associate, you will be working closely with world class colleagues in a flat team structure. You will be positioned and enabled to lead work streams, with constant exposure to CXOs and -1/-2 reports, while leveraging the full breadth of senior experts across industry and functional domains across A&M. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate on a range of practice development efforts. These range from eminence building and marketing to amplify A&M’s perspective on digital disruptions and trends specific to each industry, to business development and asset building in the form of PoVs, pitches, offerings, models, and collateral co-created with an ecosystem of external partners and advisors.
You will specifically support the delivery of digital CX transformation projects within the UK region and EMEA, where identifying disruptive transformation levers and managing political complexity will be key to generate significant and sustainable savings. Responsibilities will not be limited to:
- Help clients devise strategies to reinvent customer experience by advising, shaping and delivering platform-led transformations to realise their strategic business objectives and get maximum value from their platforms;
- Implement measures and tools to measure customer satisfaction with surveys and use other data collection methods such as net promoter score and customer satisfaction score;
- Steer and support clients around storytelling and vision engagement – helping to get key messages across to internal stakeholders, how data collected can drive decision making and what benefits/value the products and services are bringing to customers;
- Identifying and getting the most critical internal stakeholders across the whole client facing org (marketing, sales, customer service and support) to collaborate and overall enhance the full CX and Digital experience;
- Pivoting to new channels and initiatives, picking up new skills and working with emerging technologies;
- Have functional strengths in highly relevant CX topics such as omnichannel, mobile, loyalty, branding etc;
- Be creative to generate break through ideas regarding CX transformation levers;
- Be an action-oriented self-starter with strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial flair;
- Have a strong exposure to senior clients and be able to deal with top executives in complex situation;
- Be proactive in industry events e.g. conferences, forums, debates – ensure the Company is perceived as a key player in the Digital Transformation space.
This opportunity requires entrepreneurial talent with a balanced acumen of creative, analytical, and financial problem-solving skills, drawing from experiences in MBB or Big 4 consulting, start-up / scale-up innovation hubs, Private Equity, and / or target industries such as CPG, Retail, Industrials, Business Services, TMT, and Financial Services. Your experience & abilities are likely to include:
- Education: a high-grade degree qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject;
- Experience within advisory (ideally from a large Professional Services firm or from a digitally focused boutique), working on CX transformation programs and highly exposed to top management;
- Support clients in creating and implementing industry leading Omni-Channel CX strategies to meet customer & client needs;
- Assess existing processes and technology to identify opportunities for the implementation of new CX methodologies with client stakeholders;
- Familiarity with established and emerging technologies (data analytics, automation, artificial intelligence, cloud migration, blockchain and digital twins..) and ability to integrate Digital CX Transformation initiatives into other service offerings such as process improvement or operations excellence, stakeholder engagement, change management;
- Native/Fluent English language skills are essential, along with excellent writing skills;
- A creative, strategic thinker who can bring innovative ideas, a new perspective or a new strategy to the table to challenge the status quos;
- Solution oriented, data driven, learning mind-sets;
- An understanding of change management thinking – especially pertaining to disruptive technologies highly desired;
- Willingness to travel for work (within both UK and Europe), as well as right to work in the UK;
- Additional European languages spoken at a fluent level welcomed;
- Further education such as an MBA would be highly valued.
Companies, investors, lenders and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) when conventional approaches are not enough to activate change and achieve results.
Privately-held since 1983, A&M is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Our senior professionals are experienced operators, world-class consultants and industry veterans who draw upon the firm’s restructuring heritage to help leaders turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage.
When action matters, find us at www.alvarezandmarsal.com
Diversity & Inclusion:
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.