Join us to Build the Platforms that are Redefining Global Trade! As an international business on a high-tech journey, we co-create platforms that make supply chains more efficient and more secure, but
Join us to Build the Platforms that are Redefining Global Trade!
As an international business on a high-tech journey, we co-create platforms that make supply chains more efficient and more secure, but also support life-enhancing opportunities for people and communities around the world.
Growing your skills with Maersk means leading the digital revolution of global trade. Building on blockchain to modernise how the world moves? Connecting the global shipping ecosystem? All of this is Maersk.
We are looking for an experienced Architect to work on the maersk.com platform and join newly formed team focused on developing core capabilities in the area of personalisation and recommendations, customer help and chat, taking Maersk.com to the next level of enhanced customer experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to put your experience and engineering skills into practice on a multi-billion dollar platform.
What will you be doing??
- You will have the unique opportunity to build the Architecture around Personalization and Recommendation, deeply understanding our customer and business problems and apply your knowledge of large-scale data technologies to deliver the outcomes our customers need.
- Work with our internal platform engineering teams to develop the functionality of our future data systems.
- Operate in a scrum team with a dedicated product manager, independently directing your time and resources together with other software engineers and data scientists in the team. You will need to participate in transforming the way we work. The cultural transformation of our business and industry is the guarantee of long-term growth and success.
- Translation of business, information and technical requirements into an architectural model that outlines the most appropriate solutions to achieve critical business objectives.
- Engaging enterprise architecture, product and infrastructure teams to produce optimal, high level, conceptual design and roadmaps.
- Providing timely design decisioning and recommendation based on IT and Business strategy; consideration of wide range perspective with focus on architecture decisions, business objectives and IT NFRs.
- Acting as focal point and subject matter expert within area of responsibility.
- Researching and applying knowledge of emerging technologies and possible application to the business.
- Ensuring that all architectural choices and decisions for the platform align with the enterprise reference architecture
Who we are looking for
First and foremost you bring expertise in Architecting Personalization and Recommendation from the beginning of a project
- You are passionate and have a great deal of successful industry engineering experience, in either a software or analytics-intensive industrial company, as part of a mature agile software engineering team, building and running highly available customer-facing products.
- You have experience with solution design and architecture patterns for integration of custom built or off-the-shelf personalisation and recommender systems in a digital ecosystem at an enterprise scale.
- You have significant experience architecting highly available, scalable, cross-platform (e.g on-prem, PaaS & SaaS products) solutions with multiple, complex integrations.
- Strong understanding of modern web architecture principals, tools (e.g ArchiMate & UML), trends and best practices; abstract service design, API and micro service design, event streaming, cloud technology, and design for DevOps and automation.
- working knowledge of technologies like Kafka; Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes and cloud technologies, e.g. Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Experience of designing on top of big data solutions that optimise the customer experience and drive efficiency through automation and machine learning.
- Security design, OWASP, NIST experience
- Performance engineering experience
- You’re a strong communicator and a people person that builds strong relationships and recognize and incorporate the perspectives of others.
What do we offer?
- We believe that compensation should be above the market average for above-average performance, and accordingly promote a transparent, logical and consistent compensation strategy that clearly links performance and reward.
- General working hours are 37 hours a week excluding lunch. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when at all possible taking both the employee’s and the company’s interests into consideration.
- All full-time employees are entitled to participate in a competitive pension scheme and are covered 24 hours a day by accident insurance.
- With market leading parental, maternity, paternity as part of our benefits, we can truly offer you a holistic package!
CONTACT ME TODAY TO FIND OUT MORE!
Reference ID: MLAF
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £130,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Yearly bonus
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday