div class section wrapper page full width div class section page centered div b style font size 18px About Kraken b div div br di...
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will be a key contributor to the success of the accounting function. You’ll have the opportunity to help build processes, collaborate cross-functionally and play a key role in the international accounting team’s ability to scale in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Perform and help manage full cycle Accounts Payable process
- Review documentation to ensure proper account coding and collaborate with internal departments for ensure understanding of all incoming data
- Ensure appropriate approvals for invoice payments are in place
- Review of the accuracy and completeness of supporting documents for expense reports and provide accounting approvals in system
- Reconciling expense report submissions to the general ledger and ensuring that the expenses are properly classified
- Responsible for month end Journal Entries and accruals surrounding the company’s credit card program
- Ability to manage complex escalations in a timely and efficient manner, effectively balancing business risks
- Setup vendor records (including contractors, wire/ACH templates) in ERP system
- Performs month end reconciliations for all AP accounts
- Assists AP Supervisor with various ongoing projects as well as implementations
- Payroll payment processing support for high volume of global contractors
- Monitoring/Recording payments related to company option exercises
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Prepare and file annual 1099s
- Ability to be proactive and help identify accounting issues or areas for improvement
- Preparing Journal Entries and assist with month end accruals
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
Who you are:
- 5+ Years full cycle accounts payable experience
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently
- Comfortable with high volume transaction processing
- Attention to detail – ability to maintain high level of accuracy in transaction processing under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, follow up on pending issues and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong organizational skills are a must
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Strong competency in problem solving & analysis
- Experience with cross functional projects
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to use formulas a must
- 3+ yrs experience in navigating ERP systems such as Netsuite
- 3+ yrs experience with Concur or similar expense reporting system
- Strong ability to handle global invoices and payments
- Accounting/Finance degree preferred
- Strong understanding of crypto payments a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us