Taking responsibility for ensuring that security is built into our applications and software development processes. £6,000 car allowance per year....
Why apply for this role?
We are looking for a Security Software Engineer with an enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies. As a critical member of the Innovation Hub team, you will play a critical role in ensuring that security is built into our applications and software development processes.
By joining a team committed to helping Santander deliver value through use of latest technologies and ideas including blockchain, AI, Chatbots, Big Data, you’ll the opportunity to grow and learn through the challenge of building software in a highly dynamic and inventive environment.
If you share our passion for technology and are up for the challenge, come join us and deliver.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that security is built into our applications and software development processes.
- Leading in all parts of the application development lifecycle, including threat analysis, security architecture and the development of automated security tests.
- Drilling deeply into the technical aspects of security and informing the security vision for the organisation to ensure that all applications are built on strong security foundations.
- Collaborating closely with the wider team, planning the most important projects to work on next.
What we’re looking for
- Experienced with DevSecOps within the software development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of either Java/Spring and/or NodeJS.
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes or similar container distributions (EKS/OpenShift).
- Experience with API development (REST) and API security (oAuth/OpenID APIs, authentication/authorization and SSO flows).
- Strong knowledge of core AWS services and AWS architecture best practices, AWS shared responsibility model and AWS security policies.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This role will be based in our Milton Keynes office.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.
Job Reference: A37770