Scrum Master (Smart Contracts) – Plutus
As Scrum Master at IOHK you will be a key contributor on a team developing leading edge technology in one of the most exciting fields in the world. You will support the engineering and product teams t
As Scrum Master at IOHK you will be a key contributor on a team developing leading edge technology in one of the most exciting fields in the world. You will support the engineering and product teams to deliver on the goals and initiatives for the project and ensure the Scrum process is understood and followed. As a servant Leader you will play a crucial role leading the team through Scrum activities including planning, execution and monitoring to project completion. You will also be an advocate for the team, charged with balancing delivery timelines and scope with team capacity.
You will be working with highly skilled people and be responsible for specific initiatives and goals for the Plutus Core and Plutus Tools squads and ultimately contributing to the Tribe goals. As a Scrum Master, you will manage the delivery from the squads helping to ensure that their gaols and objectives are met. To do this you will use a collaborative approach. As part of the squads you will work with external and internal stakeholders.
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and then assist in organising them for success. You will coach them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Work, collaborate, and communicate effectively, internally and externally, improving transparency and sharing information within the organisation.
- Guides and coaches the Team on how to use Agile practices and principles as defined within the scrum guide promoting the team’s ability to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Through servant leadership, works with the organization/squad, and coaches them to higher levels effectiveness and efficiency
- Work with the organization to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgment, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Work with relevant parties to remove any reported impediments that obstruct a development team’s ability to work well together and deliver valuable software. Notice differences and issues as they arise, and first attempt to facilitate a resolution among the affected team(s) before elevating issues to management.
- Be a voice of reason and help facilitate the decision making process for tough decisions. Ensure the team’s needs/concerns are heard while adhering to Agile/Scrum concepts and principles.
- Work, collaborate, and communicate effectively, internally and externally, improving transparency and sharing information.
- Organize and facilitate all Scrum Events and team meetings, including preparing, moderating, and post processing.
- Assist the Product Owner and the teams with Product Release planning
- Work with the Product Owner and the team to constantly prioritise the backlog in order for the the most valuable features to meet deadlines
- Support and educate the product owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and release plan.
- Improve personal skills, continually learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself as well as help improve the team.
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
- Blockchain Development experience a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences or similar field a plus
- Scrum master certification
- Proficient Agile software (e.g. JIRA)
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (but you are not required to have hands-on involvement).
- Experience in delivering software
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position.
- Flexible schedule
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service