Scrum Master | S2 | Innovation | Milton Keynes Country: United Kingdom WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING This role is offered on a hybrid basis, which can be discussed with the recruitment team d
Country: United Kingdom
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This role is offered on a hybrid basis, which can be discussed with the recruitment team during the hiring process.
Join our community.
We are a focussed team of exceptionally talented engineers, developers and designers committed to helping Santander deliver value through use of latest technologies and ideas including blockchain, AI, Chatbots, Big Data etc. and developing our team through continued learning and challenging the ways of working to accelerate innovation trough agility, design thinking and hypothesis driven development.
Reporting into a Senior Tech Lead, you will work within an agile squad comprising of Product Owners, Analysts, Developers, Testers, Release Managers and Infrastructure Support teams.
Opportunities to adopt Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend ‘Meet Ups’ and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that’s dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
The difference you’ll make.
- Delivering a variety of exciting and deeply technical projects
- Facilitating Scrum ceremonies such as stand ups and retrospectives
- Sharing your knowledge with the wider teams as well as mentoring and developing others
- Guiding and facilitating the changes into a more Agile way of working
What you’ll bring.
- Exposure as a Scrum Master in a software development team
- Knowledge of agile development practices such as Behaviour Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and code quality metrics
- Experience with tools such as Jira and Confluence
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience of using different prioritisation techniques
- The ability to articulate burn down rates and team velocity
- Knowledge for the need for safe to fail environments and helps the team to create and maintain this environment
What else you need to know.
12-month fixed term contract
Our teams are hybrid working, with some office days in Milton Keynes but mostly working from home. The role is full time Mon-Fri, not job share. Some flexibility is available around adjusting working hours, but the role supports teams working core 9-5 which needs to be considered.
At Santander we’re creating a thriving workplace where all colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. We all help to make Santander a workplace that celebrates diversity and attracts, retains, and develops the most talented and committed people through living our values of Simple, Personal, and Fair.
How we’ll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs. For part-time / contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your working hours / contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including : Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
What to do next.
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
If there’s anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it’s a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we’re available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.