Introduction As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly c
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
TruQua is actively looking for a Senior Consultant to contribute to our growing SAP Financial Close practice. This is an ideal opportunity for a driven professional who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment while working for a well-established company.
We differentiate ourselves through our customer focus, leveraging finance technology to find the best solutions for end users. The candidate will embody this philosophy and will have a passion for offering the highest levels of quality and service.
As our Financial Close Senior Consultant, you will be expected to lead Implementations, Process Design, Improvement and Transformations, and overall customer success. This role reports directly to our Head of TruQua EMEA and offers tremendous career opportunity and skills development.
Your job duties will include but are not limited to learning, performing, executing as well as training and mentoring in the following areas:
- Responsible for the successful implementation of SAP Financial Close ( SAP Group Reporting, SAP S/4 ICMR, Blackline) customer solutions , including providing functional expertise, hands-on delivery, customization, guidance, presentation, and instruction on relevant products
- Act as direct point of contact with customer for troubleshooting: investigate, analyze, solve software problems and map client business requirements, processes and objectives; develop necessary product modifications to satisfy customers’ needs
- Ability to conduct complex and interactive solutioning workshops
- Provide continuous feedback on project status and offer constructive options to ensure project continues to meet original expectations
- Continuously demonstrate and deliver strong and highly professional customer service commitment
- Utilize accounting and industry knowledge to identify complex client issues and build long-term business relationships with key executives through engagement delivery, as well as networking in professional organizations
- Contribute thought leadership to the development and growth of our TruQua brand and intellectual capital by, among others: Publishing articles, blogs, white papers and/or speaking at select domestic and/or global conferences
- Lead the Business Process and Solution Architecture design sessions; Create functional specifications for development requirements
- Lead and manage team(s) where relevant; can understand the end-goals and delegate tasks to successfully meet deliverables on time & within scope
- Perform initial setup, prototype, configuration, and testing to support the design sessions and to fulfill the customer’s business requirements
- Design and document the required configurations , documenting test results and support go-live efforts
- Recommend best practices for Financial Close solutions considering the overall architecture to achieve integration, high performance and stability
- Work closely with end users to design the proper solution(s) to support defined business processes and business requirements
- Actively participate in training and knowledge transfer sessions to enable end users to understand AFC
- Actively contribute to and take a leadership role in pre-sales and RFP initiatives
- Understand and exemplify TruQua corporate values & deep commitment to excellence at all levels; internally and externally.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5+ years of hands-on implementation experience in Finance Close related topics.
- Product expertise and hands-on business experience in at least 2 of the following solutions: SAP Group Reporting, SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Advanced Financial Closing, Blackline
- Knowledge of the latest trends and solutions related to consolidation, intercompany reconciliation, closing activities, books disclosure as well as an eagerness to learn, prototype, and grow expertise in the latest relevant financial technologies
- High level knowledge of RTR processes with knowledge of SAP S/4HANA and latest SAP Financial tools a must
- Knowledge of non-SAP ERP products such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, Dynamics, Netsuite a plus
- Knowledge of legacy products (SAP SEM-BCS, EC-CS, FI-LC, BPC) is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP AFC, Workiva, SAP Disclosure Management is a plus
- Knowledge of complementary tools, namely SAP products, HFM, Adaptive, Host, Tableau a plus
- Finance or Accounting background is a plus
- Experience in a high revenue producing environment (e.g. billing of time and materials)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college/university
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, client management, and delivery
- Excellent presentation skills
- Articulate with impeccable verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong & discerning listener
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Thirst for knowledge and eagerness to learn and grow skills in new areas
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture, all the while being independent in managing his/her deliverables; highly driven and self-motivated
- Can roll-up his/her sleeves and be a team player willing to jump in when help is needed, even if tasks aren’t on your job description
- Can work in a fast paced, open, collaborative, passionate and driven environment
- Ability to manage direct reports, prioritize effectively, network internally to get things done and be accountable for his/her decisions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.