We help the world run better Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomor
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
SAP PREMIUM ENGAGEMENT
SAP Premium Engagement is a service that offers customers the highest level of engagement available within SAP: accompanying digital transformations, safeguarding implementation projects, creating best-run operations as well as initiating innovations with our largest customers. Premium Engagements are tailored, multi-year partnerships, offering our customers access to SAP best practices and global teams of experts across product & solution portfolios, in all phases of the project life cycle.
For SAP Belgium & Luxemburg, to join the Premium Engagement team, we are looking for a customer focused SAP Customer Engagement Lead.
As an Engagement Lead (also known as TQM ‘Technical Quality Manager’), you are accountable for the day to day management of the SAP Premium Engagement service plan for your customer(s), methods and tools, and best practices across all systems & landscape environments and platforms. You will develop and demonstrate a premium level of understanding of the customer’s strategic business goals, business processes, landscape, industry norms and all available and late breaking technology as well as newly developed SAP services.
The Engagement Lead is responsible for defining and orchestrating a service plan to SAP customers with Premium Engagements. As trusted advisor on-site or remote with the customer you have a crucial role in the co-creation and execution of the customer digital transformation roadmap with SAP services. You are driven by innovation and customer focus.
Based upon your SAP track record you have both the experience and management skills to orchestrate SAP global teams organized in CoE’s and specialists to deliver customer results.
The SAP Engagement Lead demonstrates, also driven by our customers, a very good level of enthusiasm for technology enabled business advancements. Topics for our customers are for example public and private cloud, on premise and hybrid technologies, machine learning, cyber security, big data, artificial intelligence, blockchain and smart factories.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
Lead or support strategic initiatives
- Identify and lead or support strategic initiatives successfully, that have a significant impact to the success of both the customer and SAP.
Execution and management of the engagement
- Define the SAP Premium Engagement portfolio & service plan for the customer and manage the delivery of that plan.
- Review of services delivered by SAP as part of the engagement and discussions with main stakeholders from the customer or partner organizations and other SAP lines of business.
Technical evaluation and documentation of customer situation
- Obtain a detailed understanding of the customer situation, including SAP solution landscape (on premise and cloud) and roadmap, core business processes, interfaces, critical projects and top issues and makes sure they are well documented.
Anticipation and identification of risks and top issues
- Anticipation and identification of technical risks and top issues.
- Drive prevention of risks and resolution of issues and top issues according to engagement deliverables
Operations, Innovation and Services delivery
- The goal of the engagement is to enable the architectural roadmaps, support implementing projects, improve operations and bringing innovations without disruption into the customer landscape and processes. Via the Premium Engagement services, we provide a Value Assurance (/Safeguarding) role, helping to maximize success for the customer.
Establish SAP Solution Manager as collaboration platform
- Documentation and reporting of Engagement status, action and value
We are looking for an experienced professional with a number of years of experience in managing customer engagements, (SAP) technological expertise, industry background and the ability to apply this expertise to specific customer business situations.
- Comfortable and experienced with executive audiences and a professional and mature customer interfacing profile
- Judgment: ability to demonstrate consistent logic, rationality and objectivity in decision making. Achieves good balance between quick decisiveness and slower, more systematic approaches.
- Communication: Demonstrates willingness to participate in and lead meetings and communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Standards of performance: Strives and consistently achieves quality results, exhibits conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline and responsibility
- Service delivery project management skills.
- First level of understanding of customer’s SAP solution and all complementary products, including core business processes, industry solution or requirements
- Good understanding of strategic intents of cloud and how this can help our customers
- Understanding customer projects and ability to estimate project plans and critical points in project progression
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor or Master’s degree preferred
- Requires several years of relevant professional experience ideally including extended SAP Product experience. Good understanding of the SAP technology and understanding of SAP Business Suite/tools. (eg SAP Solution Manager)
- Perspectives on current business and IT trends and their impact on business strategies and operations with specific focus on current and future SAP Solutions and game changers.
- Background on a sector or industry (eg Utilities, Retail/Wholesale or Banking, other) is a plus.
- Proven record of cooperating with virtual teams and managing stakeholders.
- Multi-level communication/presentation, negotiation skills, business acumen.
- Passion to support businesses on their road to Innovation
- Ability to build trust-based relationships and strong networks in customer IT/Business and SAP Ecosystem.
- Commercial acumen.
- Languages: Dutch or French, English
Belgium or Luxemburg. Travel required within that region. International travel on incidental basis.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 335221 | Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid