Introduction Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirem
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Sales Engineer will:
- Have demonstrated product knowledge, domain expertise, oral and written communication, project management, client management, and time management skills.
- Be responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations via web conference, on site meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Support and respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Assist in development of Proof of Concept activities
- Deliver technical support to sales group
- Provide input into the creation of sales and marketing materials
- Assist with structuring deals and contracts for potential customers
- Provide internal team and external customer training as needed
- Pursue a program of self-development through the use of selected reading, seminars, and participation in continuing education.
- Identify and communicate possible improvements in the platform for customers and peers to product management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Manage the Statement of Work development process or non-standard services deals.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training experience
- 3+ years in the clinical trial industry
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to understand Boolean logic and/or base programming.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical writing experience
- Clinical Data Management System or similar clinical trial technology experience
- IBM Clinical Development or other Clinical Data Management System/ EDC certification
- Experience as a sales engineer/trainer for a technical product
- Basic experience with Salesforce or another similar solution
- Experience providing technical product demonstrations
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.