Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an SDR within Digital Sales you’ll be IBMs first line of contact for inbound client sales activity. Your primary goal will be to qualify leads and convert them into new business opportunities. With a focus on speed to engage, you will leverage your digital, product and consultative selling skills to accept incoming leads, and connect the dots between clients’ needs and IBM’s solutions. You’ll collaborate with colleagues across the Sales team– advising and supporting on new business engagements throughout the critically important early phases of the sales cycle, and helping to lead prospects to our award winning cloud solutions.
We’re passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a ‘day-in-the life’ of this role may include, but not be limited to…
- Maintaining up-to-date offering knowledge though continuous personal development and becoming a trusted expert advisor for your clients.
- Reviewing marketing qualified leads (MQLs) coming from inbound digital queries (e.g. IBM’s website) and marketing campaigns, and converting them to sales qualified leads (SQLs), according to defined criteria.
- Passing validated SQLs to IBM sellers and Ecosystem Partners, and supporting as they progress and close new deals.
- Engaging in social selling via your social media presence. Building your credentials as a thought-leader in the space whilst promoting IBMs and your personal brand whilst engage, and influencing prospective clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable success in lead generation and sales development within Technology or similarly fast moving, complex category.
- A proven track record of consistently hitting targets in fast-paced environments whilst collaborating with others.
- 1st class communication skills (verbal, written and listening) across a varierty of digital platforms with an obsession for client satisfaction
- Strong personal integrity and an affinity with technology.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good knowledge regarding the market in order to consult and advise, and quickly grow your reputation as your clients’ credible, trusted advisor. (Training is provided)
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.