Company Description Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw s
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Square Europe Sales team is looking for a Sales Development Representative. A newly created role in the team, the SDR will be a brand ambassador for Square Spain, identifying and qualifying prospective inbound sellers while promoting the value of Square for their business. You will use insights and product knowledge to educate and support customers, understanding how Square’s ecosystem of products can fit different types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from small family run businesses to larger strategic partnerships for Square, and will report to the Head of Sales.
- Respond to marketing-driven inbound leads received by word of mouth, email, phone and social media
- Quickly determine which customers are good product fits for Square
- Prioritise your pipeline for maximum efficiency daily
- Understand complex enterprise requirements and help craft custom solutions
- Gain experience working with Square Sales, Marketing and Partnership teams
- Maintain strong knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help merchants to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Qualify inbound leads and schedule meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem for Spain
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Partner with the European Account Executive team to gain exposure to the sales cycle and further develop your sales experience, and learn and maintain current understanding of Square sales processes
- Attain (and ideally exceed) your sales development goals
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- A desire to further develop your career in sales
- A passion for technology and the industry Square operates in
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Speaks English, Spanish and Catalan fluently
- Some experience in a qualifying or prospecting role with the ability to conduct outbound multi-channel outreach
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.