We are looking to expand the Parachain Engineering team, which does performance measurements, observability, and integration tooling and crafts the required tooling for this as needed. This involves a
We are looking to expand the Parachain Engineering team, which does performance measurements, observability, and integration tooling and crafts the required tooling for this as needed. This involves a deep knowledge and integration in the Polkadot project and codebase in order to change it and interface with it as needed.
As a part of your job, you will conduct performance experiments from a single node to many node test networks, add observability metrics, craft malicious nodes for integration tests, and also participate in refactorings in a large codebase. You will need to write comprehensive tests, ranging from unit to integration tests. You will need to architect and implement new (cli) tools, communicate requirements and goals clearly, and be ready to ship tools with a great usability experience for developers.
The team is all about engineering challenges.
Bernhard Schuster (link to github profile) is the team lead. You’ll also be working closely alongside Andronik.
Much of the team’s work is in the main Polkadot repository.
- Experience with Rust, particularly writing high-performance high-security code.
- Familiarity with the Rust ecosystem.
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3.
- Interest in Performance Engineering.
Nice to have:
At Parity Technologies we write software across the whole blockchain stack and a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things, but deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
- Custom performance optimization and tuning tooling
- Distributed Systems caveats
- Experience with observability tools (OpenTracing, Zipkin, Jaeger, ..)
- Experience with fuzzing tools (honggfuzz, libfuzzer, …)
- Interest or experience in blockchain technologies.