The Role and a bit about us The role presents an opportunity to become an integral part of our tech team with plenty of room to perform computer programming tasks using the Rust programming language
The role presents an opportunity to become an integral part of our tech team with plenty of room to perform computer programming tasks using the Rust programming language.
We are seeking a Rust Developer responsible for coding and developing for projects such as web browsers, operating systems, server and systems software, and blockchain projects.
We are a team of hungry entrepreneurs and engineers driven by the opportunity to positively shape our collective future. We have the technology, the team and the timing to decentralize businesses, markets and even economies, creating more open, sustainable and inclusive ways of living and working.
If you identify with the above, you’re not just looking for a 9-5, and are ready to take complete ownership of this position – we look forward to hearing from you.
Things you will do
- At peaq we write software across the whole blockchain stack and as a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things. Deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated:
- Implementing P2P networking research and technologies;
- Working with cryptography;
- Implementing consensus algorithms;
- Working on performance optimization and tuning;
- Working with blockchain bridges;
- Implementing decentralized applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches.
What you bring to the table
- Experience with Rust, particularly writing high-performance high-security code;
- Knowledge of Bitcoin, Ethereum or other blockchain technologies;
- Familiarity with the Rust ecosystem;
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3.
What you can expect
- The opportunity to contribute to innovative projects in a new and exciting industry that has the potential to positively shape our world.
- High growth potential.
- Warm and open corporate culture at an international company with many different nationalities.
- An environment that values freedom, autonomy, team spirit and open communication.
- Flexible working hours.
- Decentralized (remote) working possibilities.
What guides us
- We believe that great teams consist of Missionaries rather than Mercenaries.
- We believe that great teams can only deliver great results consistently if they work under conditions that give them creative freedom and a manageable workload, creating full focus on what’s important.
- We want to work with humans, not with robots.
- This is why we build a team that finds its strength in diversity & authenticity.
- This is why we want to give you the freedom you need to be great at what you do.
- This is why we aim to create a space where people can do what they love and live up to their talents.
We look forward to working with you.