The Digital Asset Risk Management Governance and Frameworks Lead will be based in London, and report to the Global Head of Digital Asset Product Risk Management. The Lead is responsible for the
The Digital Asset Risk Management Governance and Frameworks Lead will be based in London, and report to the Global Head of Digital Asset Product Risk Management.
The Lead is responsible for the foundational risk management frameworks and governance forums for digital assets.
The mandate of the Lead covers all regions, all Citi business lines (Institutional Clients Group and Personal Banking & Wealth Management) and all digital asset products: central bank digital currencies, stablecoins, digital securities, cryptocurrencies and enterprise blockchain.
The Lead will act as Secretary for the Digital Asset Risk Management Working Group and other governance forums for digital assets. This Digital Asset Risk Management Working Group comprises the most senior leaders in the second line of defense – New Activity Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Treasury Risk, Operational Risk, Reputational Risk and Independent Compliance Risk Management – and includes the Global Head of Institutional Clients Group Business Development, Global Head of Digital Assets for the Institutional Clients Group and Global Head of Personal Banking and Wealth Management Product Governance.
The Lead will also be responsible for leading the publication and updates of foundational risk frameworks, including the Digital Asset Risk Tolerance Approach and Digital Asset Risk Management Guidelines.
- Act as secretary to the Digital Asset Risk Management Working Group, which is sponsored by the Citi Chief Risk Officer to provide steer and alignment to the first and second lines of defense
- Lead the publication of foundational risk frameworks including the Digital Asset Risk Management Guidelines and Digital Asset Risk Tolerance Approach, to be updated at a high cadence due to the speed of internal and external developments
- Fuse global strategy and risk tolerance with regional, country and legal entity considerations in partnership with Chief Risk Officers
- Engage with senior stakeholders to explain and discuss the risk, control and governance framework of the firm to accompany the firm’s digital asset strategy and commercial objectives
The role provides unparalleled opportunity to shape the firm’s strategy – and help the firm succeed – in the digital asset space. It provides unparalleled organizational exposure, with extensive interaction with senior managers in business lines, Independent Risk Management, control functions and legal entity management.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree is required with extensive years of relevant experience
- Considerable experience in the field of financial services and/or banking
- Understanding of risk management practices relevant to new activities
- Expertise and experience in digital assets
- Knowledge of Citi’s businesses and products, or the equivalent at organizations of similar complexity and maturity
- Risk management or structuring background, covering market, credit, liquidity and operational risk, including risk controls and risk frameworks
- Experience of material legal entity risk is preferable
- A proven track record of advocacy and ability to liaise across diverse stakeholder groups
- Understanding and applied knowledge in financial regulation
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.