Your role: Risk and Compliance Director - Country Head - Netherlands Location: Netherlands Reporting to: Head of Compliance, Global Who we are We are Fiat Republic, a London-based remote-
Your role: Risk and Compliance Director – Country Head – Netherlands
Reporting to: Head of Compliance, Global
Who we are
We are Fiat Republic, a London-based remote-friendly fintech, with a mission to bring banking to web3!
Our platform brings together crypto friendly banks allowing crypto platforms to easily create accounts in multiple currencies, access local payment rails and FX via a single API built with a developer-first ethos. With a strong focus on AML, compliance and security, we believe that ultimately we can convince even the largest global banks to start servicing crypto platforms via Fiat Republic.
Our team has deep expertise in banking and payments, and we all thrive on finding creative solutions to hard problems – we place a high value on focus, intellectual curiosity and excellence. We’re proud to have brought together a diverse team spanning multiple nationalities and value the different perspectives in thinking and problem solving that this brings. To make our vision a reality, we have raised USD 3.5M in seed funding from Tier 1 European VC’s and were a part of the 2021 cohort of Softbank’s Emerge Accelerator programme.
About the role
We are in the process of applying for an electronic money licence in the Netherlands and are looking for our first senior compliance hire.
You’ll be responsible for
- Helping us during the latter stages of our e-money licence application with the DNB
- Ensure we are compliant with all laws and regulations both locally in the Netherlands and across Europe once we passport the licence to all other member states
- Oversight of risk management in the Netherlands and contribution to overall Group risk
- Assisting colleagues by answering queries from across the Group on questions relating to the Dutch and European risk and compliance requirements
- Chairing the relevant risk management committees for the Netherlands entity
- Governance of the Dutch entity, through sitting on the Board
- Working with the Global Head of Compliance and contributing to the strategy and vision of the wider compliance team
- Representing Fiat Republic with the DNB and across the industry in the Netherlands
You’ll be a great fit if
- You can act as a Data Protection Officer for the Group
- You’ve got experience in both risk and compliance and have already operated at a senior level with regards to these
- You have a great understanding of local regulations as well as in one or more other jurisdictions across the EU
- You have experience with or an interest in cryptocurrency
- You’re happy to take a hands on approach with regards to carrying out business as usual tasks while we scale
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in a rapidly growing company
- Remote-friendly company with option of working in the office or at a coworking space (hybrid working model)
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a 1st-to-market, fast-growing fintech backed by tier-1 VCs, working with an incredible team of payment experts
- Empowerment to take ownership at all levels and make high impact decisions
- Fun, collaborative and meritocratic culture with zero tolerance for politics
- Very diverse team (LGBTQIA+ and visible minorities represented by co-founders)
We are building a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, marital or parental status, ethnicity, neurotype, gender, sex or sexual orientation, religion or belief.