Researcher for Storage System Solutions in Energy Networks
Would you like to build the future? Join CIDETEC! CIDETEC is a technology centre that brings together three leading international centres in the fields of Energy Storage, Surface Engineering and Nano
Would you like to build the future? Join CIDETEC! CIDETEC is a technology centre that brings together three leading international centres in the fields of Energy Storage, Surface Engineering and Nanomedicine. For more than 25 years, we have been working with leading companies to develop technology that makes the world a better place.
A cutting-edge, diverse and international centre awaits you!
CIDETEC Energy Storage wishes to recruit a researcher to join the staff of its Energy Storage Systems Unit, for work involving dimensioning, design and management of battery-based energy storage solutions for electrical grid or microgrid applications.
If you want to be part of this revolution, we are waiting for you!
Our work covers the entire value chain, from battery chemistry to the final application. We design and develop cells, modules and battery packs tailored to our customers’ needs, with a clear focus on technology transfer to industry. The researcher’s work will be related to SW development in the different segments in this field.
You will form part of a state-of-the-art research centre, geared to sustainability and the circular economy, which has helped electrify Spain’s roads and is now working towards 100% future sustainability.
Yo will join the Storage Systems Unit, working on knowledge generation and industrial projects. They must be capable of carrying out several lines of research simultaneously, optimising resources and maximising results.
They will join a team led by a line manager, working independently according to a defined work plan involving both technical and managerial activities. Their work will mainly focus on the following:
- Analysis of stationary applications with storage systems.
- Dimensioning and design of energy applications with storage.
- Management and control of energy applications with storage.
- Generating new ideas/concepts and putting them into practice.
- Management of research projects, coordinating the technical activity of other researchers and complying with the technical and strategic objectives.
- Generation of new opportunities (drawing up project proposals for customers and/or public funding sources, National and European.).
What we offer you
- At CIDETEC you will be able to develop your career alongside a team of top-level professionals, in a young yet committed environment, dedicated to innovation and seeking to provide practical solutions that result in a more sustainable world.
- Professional development opportunities that allow you to build a solid career, working on projects that transform both industry and society.
- Work with teams at the very highest level in local, national and European settings.
- Work-life balance initiatives
- Continuous training
- Privileged setting in a safe and friendly environment
- Variable remuneration package for all employees
Engineering degree specialising in Electrical/Electronic/Industrial/Power Engineering. Master’s Degree or Doctoral Thesis in the field of renewable energies, electrical grids or energy applications.
Fluent in spoken and written English.
We are seeking a person able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the following:
- Electrical grids/Microgrids.
- Renewable generation and Energy storage technologies.
- Regulatory frameworks in the field of electrical systems and renewable energies. Self-consumption, electricity market, adjustment services, balance, network quality, etc.
- Basic knowledge of digitization (Smart Grids, IoT, blockchain, etc.)..
- Basic knowledge of power electronics, control and communications.
- Simulation and management tools (MATLAB and Simulink, R or similar).
- Basic knowledge of specific simulation tools for power generation facilities.
- Project management.
A highly motivated person, with a keen interest in research and innovation, you will join a multidisciplinary team. You will be able to organise your work, meeting both the deadlines and the established objectives. Problem-solving capacity and scientific criteria. Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Having undertaken a placement abroad and more than 3 years’ work experience will be considered a plus.