Research Fellow in Blockchain and Cryptoeconomic Systems Are you eager to use blockchain technology to make cities more sustainable and democratic? To empower collective decisions at scale and
Research Fellow in Blockchain and Cryptoeconomic Systems
Are you eager to use blockchain technology to make cities more sustainable and democratic? To empower collective decisions at scale and make digital voting systems more trustworthy? Are you fascinated to innovate in the education of consensus algorithms, smart contracts and cryptoeconomic incentive mechanisms? By creating, teaching and supporting a novel module on distributed ledger technologies?
This is an opportunity to be part of a creative research team working on a new ambitious research programme with several collaboration, training and career development opportunities in industry, cities, and world-leading academic institutes in the UK and Europe. The Distributed and Intelligent Social Computing lab at University of Leeds will run this unique programme with the aim to empower citizens’ participation in governing common pool resources in Smart Cities such as smart transport, parking and energy systems.
The research programme is designed to offer exceptional access to resources, training and career development opportunities, refer to the Candidate Brief for full details.
The successful candidate will conduct experimental work in collaboration with other researchers in an inter-disciplinary team, publish high-quality research on the broader area of blockchain and cryptoeconomic systems and contribute to teaching on this area.
What we offer in return
- 25 days holiday plus 15.5 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s over 40 days a year!
- Pension schemes with a generous contribution from the University.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Dr. Evangelos Pournaras, Associate Professor
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 5447 or email: E.Pournaras@leeds.ac.uk