Regulatory Financial Reporting Manager
Company Description Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardwar
Company Description Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Within Europe, the Block group holds an Electronic Money Institution (“e-money”) license in Ireland, Lithuania and the UK. Additionally the group holds a Payment Institution license in Spain. These licenses authorise the Group to issue e-money and provide payment services, storing electronic balances, acting as an acquirer, and issuing payment instruments.
This role will manage the regulatory reporting requirements associated with e-money and payments activity in Europe.
- EU lead and point of contact for all regulatory financial reporting.
Produce and submit local regulatory reporting relating to Block business units ( Square, Cash App & Clearpay) in Ireland, UK, Spain, Italy, France and Lithuania.
- External reporting will include, but is not limited to:
- Ireland: E-Money Institutional Accounts and supplementary information (XBRL format), payment statistics (XML format)
- UK: Fin060A questionnaire, quarterly financial resilience surveys
- Spain: Payment statistics, BoS 5/2020, CIRBE, discount rates, equity volumes, PSD2-SCA
- Italy: POS commissions, Anagrafe Rapporti, SARA, Saldi Movimenti, Survey 3.
- France: AML annual report, COSI (Communications systématiques d’informations), branch activity and internal control reporting.
- Lithuania: Financial Statements and statistical reporting
- Draft procedural documents, ensuring alignment with regulatory reporting instructions.
- Develop strong knowledge of systems and tools in order to utilise them effectively in report preparation.
- Recommend procedural changes and process improvement opportunities for report production.
- Review and analyze regulatory pronouncements and financial publications to stay abreast of new regulations and updates.
- Manage communication with internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintain strong collaborative working relationships with other teams and data providers.
- Perform safeguarding reconciliation procedures and be the point of contact for external audits relating to safeguarding.
- Periodically review and update key policies such as safeguarding, wind-down planning, and capital & liquidity.
- University degree, preferably in Accounting / Finance / Economics / Law.
- Knowledge of the payments industry and reporting obligations (E.g E-Money Institution Accounts, payment statistics etc)
- Excel, data management skills – SQL experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience within regulatory reporting ideally in consulting, banking sector or fintech.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proactive and problem-solving attitude.
- Analytical skills.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.