Company Description Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw s
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Block is looking for an international regulatory counsel for its expanding U.S. Lending Regulatory team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly engaged candidate with a passion for all things consumer and commercial lending to join a creative and growing company. As part of Block’s international expansion, your ideas and contributions will have an immediate impact. This is a full-time remote role and will report to Block’s U.S. Lending Regulatory Counsel Lead.
- Advise on multiple regulatory matters affecting Block’s growing global business in Europe and other jurisdictions outside of the U.S.
- Keep the business up to speed on how to offer remarkable product solutions to our customers that meet local regulatory requirements
- Identify, summarize, and analyze the impact of new and proposed applicable rules and regulations
- Balance risks and business reward
- Oversee the licensing application and management function for existing and new non-U.S. jurisdictions
- Identify risk areas and develop systems, policies, and procedures to manage and mitigate them
- Represent Block with regulators and external partners on regulatory matters and handle regulatory inquiries from the FCA and other EU regulatory authorities
- Provide legal and regulatory advice on our lending products to members of the Counsel team and business partners on the EU landscape of commercial and consumer lending laws and regulations and anti-money laundering obligations
- Build working relationships with colleagues across multiple Block business and legal teams in Europe, the US and around the globe
- US state barred (active)/international Solicitor qualification with 3+ years (minimum) lending experience working in an in-house organization or commercial law firm; experience in financial services, commercial and consumer lending, fintech and/or technology desirable
- Fluency in translating regulatory requirements and legal advice into actionable guidance for business and product teams
- Ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach
- Experience handling regulatory and enforcement matters and prior relationships with relevant regulators
- Background in providing legal advice on regulatory matters, partnering with regulators on licensing and enforcement matters, and assisting with new market diligence and entry into EU countries.
- The ability to problem solve, meet deliverables on time and work in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to changes
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.