Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for bloc
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase’s Customer Experience (CX) organization plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to build an effortless experience. Our subteam, CX Knowledge Management, supports global, customer-facing content creation and maintenance, localization efforts, and training . We are looking for a hardworking, proactive Learning and Development Manager to join our remote team and support teams based around the world.
As a Manager of the Institutional L&D team, you would be responsible for overseeing a team focused on the development and implementation of e-learning and instructor-led training plans for analysts supporting Coinbase’s institutional trading clients, in line with business objectives and strategies. You would also partner with functional leadership, our quality assurance team, and CX analysts to understand learning and development opportunities to modify existing training, adding content to our training library as necessary. You have a passion for education, especially e-learning, and the opportunities it affords people.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Manage a team in charge of crafting e-learning modules within our LMS environment and delivering instructor-led training remotely to analysts supporting our institutional clients.
- Ensure complex and technical aspects of our workflows are approachable to support analysts.
- Deep dive into our operational procedures to identify opportunities, themes, and knowledge gaps to upskill team performance.
- Define the learning strategy (e-learning and instructor-led) through understanding our CX-specific business needs and extant learning tools, approaches, and solutions.
- Understand and implement training effectiveness metrics, always working backwards from the customer experience
- Analyze data, reviewing, editing, and redesigning existing curriculum as needed.
- Understand and be able to address with high accuracy customer issues the Global Client Services team handles.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 3+ years experience in a training/L&D role (as an IC)
- 2+ years experience managing teams/direct reports in a training/L&D organization
- Experience requirements noted above should be in a financial services, crypto, or tech/product driven organization
- Experience managing L&D teams of trainers and training content creators.
- Experience training and facilitating groups of at least 20 people in physical and remote environments.
- Experience supporting the success of learners in a high-performance environment across multiple global sites and languages.
- Experience creating comprehensive, end-to-end training programs.
- Experience creating and presenting strategic-level reports and presentations.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets user.
- Positive, growth-oriented mentality (You’re energized by developing people’s strengths and continuous learning!)
Nice to haves
- Advanced degree in pedagogy
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, Jira, or Salesforce Service Cloud
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Disability and Life Assurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Individual Career Development budget
- Pension plan with company match
- Tax saver commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
Learn more about our mission