Process, project and program management. Lead, consult and implement (financial and risk) models for all business functions considering the latest technological…...
Job Reference #
We’re looking for a Quantitative Consultant to:
- lead, consult and implement (financial and risk) models for all business functions considering the latest technological trends especially within the AI & Advanced Analytics space
- work within a global team and partner with senior management to build awareness, assess opportunities for new modelling techniques and maximize value/impact of the function
- build trust and strong working relationships with Business and stakeholders
- push forward the capabilities and performance of our team to strengthen and expand the service offering of the unit which align with the business needs for today and the future
We are a dynamic and diverse team of specialist transformation professionals with a focus on emerging technology transformation.
Our practice teams help UBS business functions implement their digital strategy and accomplish their ambitions in the areas of emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Advanced Analytics , Cognitive Automation and Blockchain, as well as financial and risk modelling and UX/UI Design. The Digital Practice is at the intersection of business, technology and innovative thinking. We accompany functions across all businesses to build a sustainable transformation; combining the power of emerging technologies with a profound understanding of UBS businesses. Our team works in in close collaboration with the different functions, business divisions and external parties to achieve its goals.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance, Data Science, Software Engineering, & Computer Science)
- ideally 2 to 3 years of experience in model development within the financial industry (experience in quantitative consulting would be a plus)
- ideally experienced in end-to-end delivery of (financial & risk) models including end-to-end deployment, from model development, coding, documentation, validation, implementation, and maintenance. Any domain knowledge in banking would be an advantage
- experience with methods of statistical data analysis, such as linear models, hypothesis testing, multi-level models, and Bayesian methods
- practical experience in classical programming languages: Python, R, SAS, or Matlab (C++, C#, or Java are a plus
- experience in one or more of the following topics is a plus: Machine Learning, Big Data, Information Extraction & Classification, Data Preparation & Cleansing, Data Mining and Visualization
- highly driven and motivated with a can-do attitude; eager to learn and solve complex problems, preferably with experience in the banking or financial services industry
- in addition to a strong analytical background, attention to detail along with structured organization and planning skills
- a strong written and verbal communicator, able to adapt and network across a global organization to work well with the team and to present well to stakeholders
- fluent in English both written and spoken, other languages are a plus
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements