The Valory Mission Valory is building a network platform for developers to build novel decentralised applications which have radically different and superior off-chain components to facilitate uniquel
The Valory Mission
Valory is building a network platform for developers to build novel decentralised applications which have radically different and superior off-chain components to facilitate uniquely autonomous services.
Crypto has hit a stumbling block in its march towards a decentralised and superior digital economy for the mainstream. Applications are either built as overly simplistic smart contract-based apps or as fully web2-based. This is because developers lack the substrate for building more dynamic, robust, and open applications.
That’s where we come in. We’re a team of world-class experts across multiple fields (including software engineering, research, and product), looking for talented individuals to help push crypto/blockchain services into the next frontier using agent-based systems. We’re well-funded, exiting stealth mode & keen to build a great community of developers to turbocharge our trajectory.
- Help design and implement functional requirements
- Implement code refactoring and suggesting improvements
- Build efficient features in Python for our multi-agent systems
- Manage testing, fix bugs, and review code
- Prepare technical documentation
- Collaborate with other developers and stakeholders
- Coach junior team members
- Participate in Agile development workflow
- Incorporate new programming concepts and relevant topics into our multi-agent systems
- A minimum of 4 years experience in writing Python code on a daily basis
- Experience in software architecture and design
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming and networking programming in Python
- Experience with Python frameworks such as Django, Bottle or Flask
- Experience working within a team
- Sound knowledge and demonstrable experience of best practices in Python (e.g. linting, auto-formating, static analysis, etc.)
- Proven willingness to acquire new programming skills and concepts
- Strong experience with testing (unit, integration, end to end) and CI/CD
- Bonus: Open-source contributions
- Bonus: Experience with systems programming (e.g. Golang, C/C++, Rust)
- Strong preference for time zone between Western Europe and India (UTC -2 to +6)
We are an equal opportunity workplace. We value all people, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, ability, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to promoting equality of opportunity.
We respect the wishes of individuals to protect their anonymity online and encourage individuals who operate under pseudonyms to apply.
- Generous salary ($80k – $120k) and equity compensation
- Remote (Valory is a fully distributed team from day one)
- Be a part of a unique and novel project which will push crypto forward and travel into whichever domains crypto goes – finance, media, data, identity, etc.
- You will be given an extra buffer on top of your salary which you can use for whichever benefits you need.
- You will work on a unique software stack and product with a team of world-class software engineers, researchers, and product experts across multiple fields (multi-agent systems, cryptography, and economics).
- You will collaborate with teams across DeFi and our community of agent developers.
- You will redefine how developers build off-chain services in DeFi and long into crypto’s future.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to CHF112,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Remote (Valory is a fully distributed company from Day 1)