Public Blockchain Digital Assets Product Manager The Public Blockchain Digital Assets Product Manager will be responsible for working with J.P. Morgan Line of Business partners to create and enable p
The Public Blockchain Digital Assets Product Manager will be responsible for working with J.P. Morgan Line of Business partners to create and enable products that leverage public blockchain digital assets. This includes working through legal, compliance, regulatory and technological aspects to ensure these solutions are compliant and meet J.P. Morgan’s internal requirements. The candidate will leverage their expertise and experience in rolling out digital assets products in order to highlight specific challenges, as well as identify and implement solutions to those challenges.
The candidate, at minimum should have the following background:
- Experience working within the blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem, particularly within a company that is a cryptocurrency exchange, trading venue, market maker, custodian, and/or within the settlement and clearing operations of such companies.
- Experience with implementing cryptocurrency products, and can demonstrate a detailed understanding of the practical challenges associated with cryptocurrencies, be that legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, security, operational or technological
- Experience working within the financial industry (e.g., at a top-tier bank, broker-dealer, custodian, or other financial institution) in a product role
- Exposure to a broad range of financial products with an understanding of the structures that enable trading and settlement of equities, commodities, derivatives and other financial instruments in both the traditional and non-traditional financial world
- Experience operating in highly regulated industries (e.g., Banking, FinTech, Digital Assets (such as cryptocurrencies) and Blockchain)
The candidate should exemplify the following skills:
- A self-starter but also team-oriented with a demonstrated willingness to get into the weeds of a project, essentially driving a project from the ideation stage, to execution, and to successful commercialization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions, and comfortability in presenting intricate topics to senior management
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage complex projects among many stakeholders
- Genuine curiosity to learn new and innovative concepts and the willingness to teach and educate others
- Proactive effort in keeping up with the latest news, technology, and announcements and actively thinking about how such developments may potentially change the world around them
An ideal candidate would have the below background, knowledge and skills in addition to the bare minimum above:
- A working knowledge of, and experience with:
- Cryptocurrencies and/or public blockchain protocol technologies
- Cryptocurrency exchanges, trading venues, market makers, custodians, data aggregators, and AML / KYC compliance companies, their various product offerings, and their roles within the broader ecosystem.
- Securing, safekeeping, trading and transferring Digital Assets (including cryptocurrencies) in a secure manner
- A solid foundation in security topics such as cryptography, authentication, authorization, etc., as well as familiarity with security frameworks and regulations (e.g. FISMA compliance via NIST, FIPS, etc.)
- Extensive experience in custody wallet types, setups, schemes, architectures, structures, and the ability to conceptualize proposals and defend such proposals
- Familiarity with HSM setups and schemes, API setups, and aspects of key management (e.g., industry standards, best practices, and the ability to propose recommendations and defend such proposals)
- Understanding of custody operations, principles, and various key-signing schemes (e.g., MPC, multi-sig, etc.)
- Understanding of cryptocurrency trade execution technology and operations stack
- Understanding of cryptocurrency trading front, middle and back office operations
- Understanding of cryptocurrency OMSs, connectivity to liquidity providers, regulatory compliance, and reporting obligations
Familiarity with the global regulatory landscape and its relation to blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and Digital Assets
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.