Familiarity with and strong interest in the Web 3.0 movement, blockchain and other decentralized technologies. Competitive compensation and employee benefits....
Then come join the Web3 Foundation team in Zug as a
Public Affairs Manager
Web3 Foundation accelerates the development and adoption of the decentralized web. We’re providing the framework and setting the standards for an ecosystem so that the most cutting-edge projects can work together, multiplying their benefit to society as a whole. We’re building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets and commerce through blockchain and cryptographic technologies. At the core of this work is Polkadot – a platform that enables blockchains of all kinds to interact and communicate with one another. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of technological development and join in shaping the future of society for the better.
We are a lean team with a flat organization. You will be working closely together with team members in Zug and in remote locations, as well as with diverse service suppliers.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with legislators, and engage with and monitor stakeholders in the blockchain, defi and crypto industry.
- Screening of regulatory and political developments across the Swiss, European and global fin-tech/blockchain landscapes
- Sourcing of public and private information in relevant business and political environments
- Liaising with regulatory authorities, politicians and associations in order to ensure a favorable business environment is maintained for Web3.0.
- Explaining the vision of the Web 3.0 movement and represent the Web3 Foundation
- Analyzing the impact of policy issues, threats and opportunities, to derive actionable insights and provide updates to the executive team.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience working in politics, foreign policy and/or the public sector
- Background and Education in political science, international relations, economics or similar
- Familiarity with and strong interest in the Web 3.0 movement, blockchain and other decentralized technologies
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills, ability to influence and convince others
- Native level written and spoken English, other languages are a plus
- Practical experience of working with the crypto / decentralized technology space, and open source, privacy-minded communities
- Ability to speak native level German
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.)
For more information about us, visit us on:
- Web3 Foundation website: web3(dot)foundation
- Polkadot website: polkadot(dot)network
- Github: https://github.com/w3f/polkadot-overview