Applied Blockchain is an innovative applications development company, focussed on distributed ledger and confidential computing technologies. The company was founded in 2015 at Level39, Europe’s large
Applied Blockchain is an innovative applications development company, focussed on distributed ledger and confidential computing technologies. The company was founded in 2015 at Level39, Europe’s largest Fintech accelerator in London’s Canary Wharf and expanded to Porto (Praça da Batalha), Portugal in 2017 where growth is now focused, Applied Blockchain has an expert team of developers creating cutting-edge solutions for disruptive startups and corporate clients in banking and finance, energy, aviation, automotive, shipping, telecommunications and social impact sectors. Our clients already include Shell (also an investor in the company), KLM, Lloyds Register, Toyota, Vodafone, United Nations and we’re advising the UK Government. We are building a new generation of decentralised and confidential computing solutions, working through some of the most interesting technical problems in this field such as identity management, transaction anonymity, encryption, cryptography and data privacy.
We’re a young and growing company.
This is a highly demanding position in a fast-paced, professional, warm and tech environment. In your daily routine you will deal with the following
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the planning and implementation of agile software development projects.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Defining and managing a project’s scope, goals and sprints.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines, including sprint management and backlog definition.
- Organising daily stand-ups and coordinating the project team.
- Resource planning and allocation.
- Quality assurance.
- Carrying out risk assessment.
- Managing project administration, Kanban boards, tickets and other documentation.
- Managing budgetary objectives.
- Reporting regularly to senior management.
- Managing client relationships and client meetings.
- Tracking project performance.
- Project evaluations and results measurement.
- Experience delivering agile software development projects on time and on budget for at least 5 years
- Experience working directly with clients
- Experience working with agile methods and platforms including JIRA, Zube, Trello, GitHub
- Passion and curiosity for new technologies and Blockchain specifically.
- Good analytical and evaluation skills.
- Excellent communications (up /down/peers).
- Experience in capturing and managing the stakeholders expectations.
- Attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment.
- Can-do attitude.
- Team player with a robust work ethic who enjoys shared success.
- Ability to plan, organise, structure and prioritise work.
Desirable skills and experience
- C1 or above English.
- Graduate degree in Business Management, Finance, Computer Science or any related subject.
- Experience working in a fast moving, innovative startup environment
- 22 days holiday
- 1000 Euro training budget and up to 5 training days / year
- Healthcare Insurance
- Meal Cards
- Team meeting lunch
- Flexible work from home policy