Introduction At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status re
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Manage activities and a team for a technical group/area with the objective of delivering a service to the client as part of a fixed commitment. Migration from IMSDB/DL1 to DB2/SQL for a bank mainframe application
- Be responsible for the commitments made to the customer, the quality of the service rendered, customer satisfaction and the control of costs and deadlines;
- Advise and assist the analysts and developers of his team in their activities; sometimes, you’ll have to analyse, code and/or deliver.
- Plan your activity according to the resources allocated
- Monitor expenses and budgets via the dashboard (consumed versus planned), know how to explain/justify discrepancies;
- Have the Quality procedures applied to his team;
- Validate the customer’s requirements with the technical teams;
- Responsible for operational planning with the client and with the teams (status, escalations);
- Manage team productivity; and timing
- Report revenue and cost information to IBM management and ensure proper management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You have significant experience in Project management (leading teams, negociating, financial gestion, making decisions…)
- z/OS, TSO, ISPF
- DB2/SQL and IMSDB/DL1
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
You have a technical background
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.