Introduction The primary responsibility of the Project Manager Assistant (PMA) is to provide administration for the IBM contractual responsibilities. This includes working with IBMers as well as thir
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager Assistant (PMA) is to provide administration for the IBM contractual responsibilities. This includes working with IBMers as well as third-party vendors. In this role, PMA will be responsible to provide project management support to project and delivery management; coordinate the signing & revenue forecast with the BU management; support the entire contract booking process; lead the invoicing / billing for all contracts; take care of contract closures; communicate account IDs/claim information within IBM; discuss disputes/corrections with clients & IBM internally; assist with resolution of IBM owned issues that require IBM internal actions; administer the Project Change Control Procedure for scope changes; and set up & invoice subco purchasing. The PMA works tasks independently but keeps the Project Manager and leadership promptly apprised of work status, raising issues of risk to the appropriate level; works effectively and efficiently with oversight from a Project Manager. In small projects, the PMA is responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, and schedule for the delivery organization.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Create regular status reports
- Provide monthly financial forecasts to Delivery and Project Managers
- Administer the contract change control procedure with the client
- Ensure Project Health is updated and maintained in Clarizen
- Coordinate Signing & Revenue Forecasting on projects and maintain entries in Clarizen
- Ensure Project Burn Rate is maintained and accurate
- Report utilization of project billing
- Perform Invoice reconciliation
- Perform monthly and quarterly financial forecasting (e.g. Signing and Revenue Actuals) incl. revenue review with Finance
- Ensure correct monthly and quarterly closings
- Support for contract booking
- Ensure contract closures
- Manage the Project Control Book and Project Repository
- Assist with resolution of IBM owned issues that require IBM internal actions
- Administer the Project Change Control Procedure of or SOW changes
- Provide and/or supports the regular status reporting to and with internal key stakeholders against goals, objectives & milestones. Management support wrt budget (revenue/cost), claim, and capital.
- Adheres to Project Management standards and supports/assists Project managers, Market leaders, Contract Managers and Client delivery managers in ensuring that our BU’s financial targets are met as a team;
- Communicate account IDs/claim information
- Discuss invoice disputes/corrections with clients & IBM internally
- Set up & billing of DOUs / ICAs / ISBs
- Manage SubCo processes (set up & track requests, data maintenance, check & release SubCo invoices)
- Coordination of small projects
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Profound know-how and high affinity to work with numbers using Excel and / or other spreadsheet SW.
- Understanding of customer service, relationship management, and facilitation skills
- Solid personal leadership and management skills with a collaborative style
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment
- Knowledge of methods and ability to grasp new concepts, acquire new ways of seeing things, and revise ways of thinking and behaving, with the understanding that this is an ongoing business necessity
- Ability to develop new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgements as to prioritizing and time allocation
- Knowledge on the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems
- Familiarity and experience with project management processes and techniques
- Demonstrate leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Ability to participate in a virtual office setting and maintain an active and dynamic presence
- Identifies any issues and problems that need immediate focus and resolution in the area of planning, resourcing and financials
- Leverage key resources across IBM to resolve issues quickly, oversees business controls, security and compliance to achieve audit ready posture in the area of contracting (SOW’s, ERO’s, ICA’s, etc)
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Mandatory : English language written and verbal / Highly Preferred : German language
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor of Science or Economics degree or a comparable education
- Track record and experience in financially administrating projects
- Track record and experience in managing / coordinating projects
The Cloud & Cognitive Expert Labs practice is responsible for delivering consulting engagements that utilize software in the IBM Automation, Data and AI, and AI Applications brands worldwide. The Cloud & Cognitive Expert Labs practice contains Architects, Product Specialists and Project Managers with deep product skills that can help accelerate a client journey to maximize the value of a software implementation. The engagement sizes range from strategy and quick start deployments to First of a Kind (FOAK) implementations.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.