Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience Standards work experience such as ISO, IETF, ICANN, IEEE, W3C etc. Program management experience. Technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Standards work experience such as ISO, IETF, ICANN, IEEE, W3C etc.
- Program management experience.
- Technical writing experience.
- Policy, regulatory or compliance work experience.
- Subject matter expertise in Privacy, Security, Cloud, AI or relevant technical subject matter domain
- Passionate and knowledgeable about developing external industry standards
- Good diplomatic skills and cultural understanding to work with partners from different countries.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills and high overall emotional intelligence
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Standards Development organization is a cross-functional initiative to coordinate and collaborate standards development work across Alphabet to minimize business risk, increase positive impact on our community and meet customer, regulatory and compliance obligations.
Our key goals are to identify key areas where there is a potential business or regulatory risk inherent in external standards work and define specific engagement activities to mitigate that risk. We deliver on standards engagement via strategically prioritized, peer reviewed input to key Standard & Regulatory bodies to support Alphabet’s products and business interests. Our primary technology focus areas are Security, Privacy, AI/ML, Cloud, Blockchain, IoT and Health.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead internal cross-functional standards teams to drive the standards work for a specific topic/technical area
- Prepare and submit technical reports for submission to international standards bodies
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and be able to meet hard deadlines for standards submissions
- Detail oriented and willingness to learn and follow external standards organizations process and procedures
- Support the standards development team to drive the success of the standards development program
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.