Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The ESG and Human Rights analyst position is located in IBM’s Corporate Social Responsibility organization, reporting to the Vice President, ESG Strategy and Programs. The ESG team works closely with the AI Ethics group, the businesses, Legal, Procurement, Human Resources, Investor Relations, Research, Government and Regulatory Affairs, and Operations on a day-to-day basis. The program manager will support the nascent human rights practice, in developing the program and policies, and IBM’s ESG reporting.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development of a human rights strategy, framework, and roadmap working across IBM functions and businesses
- Engage with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with upcoming human rights regulations and disclosures in the European Union, United States, United Kingdom, and other countries
- Coordinate human rights gap analysis, risk assessment, and data collection
- Develop mitigation strategies, policies, and impact management plans
- Create recommendations to improve the due diligence process in regard to human rights and environment
- Manage cross-functional Human Rights Working Group including monthly meetings and socialization of human rights strategy
- Support IBM client engagements by supplying human rights data and weaving into the ESG narrative; update messaging and resources for IBM employees who engage with clients
- Support the development of the annual ESG Report, content for annual reports, shareholder-facing materials, and other mandatory disclosures as it relates to human rights
- Conduct and maintain benchmarking of human rights practices among IBM’s peers and customers including identifying best practices and opportunities for improvement
- Support internal and external communications to drive awareness of human rights efforts
- Plan and implement education modules related to human rights
- Represent IBM on key external groups and select trade associations
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in human rights management or a related field in a corporate or firm setting
- Knowledge and experience responding to key ESG ratings/rankings questionnaires
- Strong understanding of global human rights landscape, frameworks and standards, evolving legislation and trends affecting technology companies
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to present to and work effectively with others at all levels: executive, technical, and external vendors
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent judgment and decision making; ability to resolve conflict & problem solve; proven ability to make complex decisions based on experience; and analysis and judgment.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.