UK/EU Remote To assist our software delivery team, we are seeking a Technical Program Director who is organised and self-motivated. Working with our highly skilled global team of managers and
- To assist our software delivery team, we are seeking a Technical Program Director who is organised and self-motivated. Working with our highly skilled global team of managers and software engineers is the ideal role to contribute and learn.
- Azarc develops digital threading software that enables inter-business and inter-sovereign collaboration in a secure and decentralized environment, emphasizing transparency, security, and fair value exchange. Azarc’s Verathread platform creates distributed workflows where multiple companies with legacy systems and disparate data can work together to provide more efficient and reliable end-to-end automation.
- Our platform can leverage both legacy systems and cutting-edge technologies such as blockchain to provide our clients with all the tools they need to automate end-to-end business processes across organisational and geographical barriers.
The Program Director is responsible for managing one or more portfolio(s) of projects aligned to Azarc’s workstreams. These responsibilities include but are not limited to collaborating with project sponsors to define objectives, scope resource requirements, managing budgets, ensuring project teams adhere to the standards of the Project Management Office (PMO), supervising the work of assigned members of the project team, overseeing project implementations within the portfolio, financial and administrative oversight, and monitoring, correcting, and reporting on the projects within the portfolio.
The ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of project/program management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- PMP and/or PMI certification is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience as program director or other technical team managerial position.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capability
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience building and delivering SaaS Products & Services
- Provide strategic leadership and technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership to implement project activities within assigned portfolios/programs successfully.
- Ensure the portfolio/program is technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with ELT, SLT, and stakeholder priorities.
- Provide oversight of portfolio/program implementation, including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development, monitoring, execution of standards-based project plans, and project performance.
- Oversee the action and onboarding of qualified project resources, assign clear responsibilities, provide adequate supervision, and manage performance and execution to guide predictable outcomes.
- Ensure projects within the assigned portfolio/program produce the specified results to the required quality standard and within the timeline and budget parameters.
- Oversee budget development and budget monitoring.
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities and the accurate and timely reporting of progress and financial deliverables.
- Own and manage an area(s) of the capability to mature the PMO organization.
- Supports the COO and Head of Product by advising on program & portfolio management, resource alignment, organizational development, and process improvement initiatives/activities.
- Advises on project management best practices and discipline.
- Actively seeks efficiency opportunities in all activities and develops detailed implementation plans to exploit these opportunities.
- Develops best practice program/portfolio plans in line with agreed scope and resources.
- Oversees the development of a monitoring and evaluation plan for future deployment of projects to capture performance, efficiency, and results.
- Introduces new project management strategies where required or requested.
- Manages executive communications and participates in executive meetings where required.
- Guide and mentor peers and other staff.