Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Support responsibilities include:
o Ensures support requests from clients are worked within expected SLAs and with high quality.
o Works closely with other regional IBM Cloud Object Storage support centers to ensure support requests are appropriately worked from a global perspective and are escalated to additional subject matter experts as needed as per defined processes.
o Engages with clients to understand their current implementation and future plans.
o Helps clients find solutions to technical challenges.
o Identifies, creates, or enhances processes, knowledge base articles, and product improvements as part of a continuous review of support case trends.
o Performs on-call support duties, which requires outside business hours on-call capability.
Services responsibilities include:
o Works with clients, business partners, IBM sales teams, and other IBM services-oriented teams to develop solutions and plans to meet client requirements.
o Identifies and delivers services to clients, which include but limited to new system installation, system expansion, system health check, training, consulting and premium support.
o Generates estimates for services, while working with other teams to define SOW and contracts with clients and internal teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Enjoys working with clients and solving hardware and software type of problems.
- Meticulous and thorough in issue analysis and documenting next steps/resolution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer support in the data storage industry or equivalent.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable experience.
- Up to 10% travel required. May include international, local with use of own vehicle, and short notice.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of HTTP, REST API, S3, Linux and distributed system architecture and networks.
- Fluency in another language other than English is a plus.
- This position is customer facing (all audience levels) with direct phone and email communications, which requires good interpersonal skills along with good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with IBM teams in other time zones.
- Good listener to fully understand customer requests and help to resolve the issue.
- Data driven approach to identifying concerns and driving improvement actions.
- Proactive “can-do” contribution to overcome obstacles through strong influencing and collaboration skills.
- A working knowledge of case management in Salesforce, or equivalent, is desirable.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.