Location: Remote (with UK travel). Job type: Permanent -Full-time. Closing date: 22nd June 2021*. In 2021, we were also rated a 2-star company by Best…...
Current vacancy: Product Owner
Location: Remote (with UK travel)
Job type: Permanent -Full-time
Closing date: 22nd June 2021
About Liaison Group
In 2021, we were also rated a 2-star company by Best Companies, recognising Liaison Group as an ‘Outstanding Company to Work For’.
We were also listed on three Best Companies to Work For lists:
· Best 100 Large Companies
· Best 100 Companies in the Midlands
· Top 30 Consultancy Companies
Founded over 30 years ago, we are a well-established and trusted health economy partner, saving millions for reinvestment in health and social care through our Workforce, Financial and Care businesses.
At Liaison Group, we are proud to be early adopters of workplace innovation. We have embraced recent necessary changes and have permanently transitioned our workforce to a fully remote operating model. We now have over 250 employees based across the length and breadth of the UK, enjoying the flexibility of working from home.
Our values are to work with Care and Honesty, to Inspire and Guide our colleagues and clients:
We are proud to help the health economy save money. We care about people.
We operate with the integrity and are honest with ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
We are at the forefront of health economy innovation.
We provide guidance to ensure that clients can make the most of every savings opportunity.
About Liaison Workforce
Helping NHS organisations on their journey to become workforce exemplars.
Liaison Workforce delivers programmes to drive measurable improvement in all areas of workforce management.
We provide actionable insights through expert support, guidance and detailed management reporting & benchmarking.
The team is small and varied in experience. Each team member is remote based, sitting across different locations in the UK. The team supports our Workforce clients, ensuring that their products to represent the customer’s need, communicating the product and project vision using clear, elevating goals.
This role will be alongside a Product and Project team within the Workforce Business, working on multiple products which fit within the Mii portfolio.
You will be a driving force behind project delivery, with a presence which is visible, vocal and objective. Your role will be to accurately represent real customer needs along with communicating the product and project vision clearly, elevating goals. You will bring together key representatives from across Liaison Workforce division to develop product and service solutions, and define clear priorities based on business values.
We want you to be a champion of user-centred design by actively engaging with customers, including facilitating user groups and user testing, to ensure the product delivered meets customer needs.
You will need to work with cross-functional internal business teams, and with external suppliers / contracts to facilitate internal engagement and communication throughout product projects, and obtain business sign off through demonstrations of work completed.
Experience and qualifications required
Experience and skills:
- Experience of delivering software solutions to NHS clients
- Negotiating competing priorities both tactical and strategic
- Experience using software (web) and mobile (iOS & Android) UX and workflow
- Experience in product/ service lifecycle from idea to inception to business as usual
- Business as usual product maximisation
- Product and service experience in defining and refining solutions that solve business problems
- Experience estimating and working product and service project delivery within an agile release train.
- Commercial skills to identify new product opportunities in the market
- Ability to design workflows/diagrams to reinforce requirements
- Ability to provide a range of inputs and expected outputs for a given process that covers both the expected scenarios as well as edge case scenarios.
- Passion for technology, Robotics, AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain
- Degree or evidenced experience in product / service solution delivery
Benefits of working at Liaison Group
We believe that working life should be a happy and healthy one, with the opportunities available that you need for continuous development.
We offer our staff a wide variety of company benefits as well as the chance to get involved in a range of company organised events – from physical challenges to bi-annual staff away days, and social events. This has included virtual events throughout 2020.
Our benefits aim to promote a healthy work/life balance, supporting not only your career, but also your home and family life.
· Training opportunities to progress your career
· Excellent compensation package, including growing holiday entitlement, contributory pension and private healthcare, amongst other benefits
· Wellbeing programmes to provide ongoing support and assistance
· The opportunity to work in a supportive and ambitious team, working to support and assist the NHS
Liaison Group is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We pride ourselves on being a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
We will automatically offer an interview to all candidates with a disability, should they match the skills and experience required for the role.
How to apply
Please click apply on the advert today to avoid disappointment.
Thank you for your interest in joining Liaison Workforce.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- Gym membership
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- NHS Software Solutions: 2 years (preferred)
- Product Ownership: 4 years (preferred)