The ability to articulate the value proposition of new innovative technologies including artificial intelligence and blockchain....
The Product Marketing Manager is the glue that binds Eastnets product strategy to the program that drives success in sales and marketing supporting new commercial opportunities. He/she will be the product advocate and will play an integral role in organizing product launches and driving marketing campaigns.
The Product Marketing Manager must develop an in-depth understanding of Eastnets competitor landscape, know its buyers, and how they make their buying decisions. They should be able to leverage and apply excellent domain knowledge from strategic insights and marketing intelligence driving product positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers. Overall supporting the Eastnets sales channels to be successful.
In addition to the regular collaboration with Product Managers and Sales Teams, the Product Marketing Manager will collaborate with Eastnets Marketing Team to develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. The individual must have the ability to grasp and present Eastnets product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. They must track performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what is not.
The Product Marketing Manager’s role must ensure that the positioning of the product supports Eastnets business strategy and goals and is responsible for articulating all of the outbound tasks necessary to clearly explain the benefits of the product features and translate these into customer-facing messaging. The role will report to the Group Product Development Management Director.
- Market intelligence: be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Responsible for defining the market position within the context of the overall product strategy, including conducting competitor analysis and market research.
- Understand the competitor landscape for each product and at a group level, be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to inform the strategic positioning of the product to customers, partners, and market influencers.
- Collaborate within Product Management and Marketing Teams preparing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Prepare communications including Market Insights / Blogs, Whitepapers, supporting Webinars, and Conference presentations.
- Develop product marketing strategies aligned with the product, marketing, and sales strategies (pricing, advertising, product launching).
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when, and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a product marketing plan in conjunction with our Marketing Team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support our products on an ongoing basis and report back on required changes.
- Plan the launch of new products, releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the product marketing plan. Work in collaboration with the Marketing Team to generate strong momentum ahead of new product launches.
- Understand and support Eastnets sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use them.
- Translate product functional and technical requirements into benefits for the user.
- Develop sales collateral content for sales presentations, brochures, case studies, positioning documents, white papers, market insight articles based on the company’s branding and imaging.
- Prepare product training material for Pre-Sales Teams to undertake product demonstrations and presentations, as well as creating marketing collateral.
- 7+ years of product marketing experience with at least 4 years in a market-facing leadership role.
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, or similar role.
- Strong business insight with a marketing / regulatory background in Financial Crime (AML / KYC) and the Payments industry.
- Proven experience in driving product marketing strategies and campaigns. The ability to articulate the value proposition of new innovative technologies including artificial intelligence and blockchain.
- Experience in the financial sector, fintech / regtech sector, understanding of competitor and regulatory landscape.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills with the ability to interact with senior personnel, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both orally and written.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced environment with excellent time management and project management skills.
- Creative thinker with an eye for detail.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools include Microsoft SharePoint and Dynamics.
- Power-user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Google Analytics.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing from a recognized University; MBA preferred.