Company Description Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sel
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are hiring a Product Marketing Manager in our Dublin, Ireland office to launch and accelerate the delivery and growth of our flagship Square Point of Sale products in European markets. You will be the product expert responsible for defining and optimising the experience for sellers, their employees, and their buyers in these new markets. Our approach at Square is both customer-focused and data-driven. You will need to dig in to understand our customers and their needs, analyse data, and guide our outstanding team to move fast and ship remarkable solutions.
You will improve our business by also leading the localisation and go-to-market strategy and execution for new product launches. You will partner with product management, design, research, analytics and product marketing. This includes understanding the market and small business landscape, tracking market conditions affecting product acquisition and usage, understanding customer segments and the competitive environment, gathering product and seller insights, and feeding those insights and requirements back into the product roadmap. It will be the product marketer’s job to ensure we build the right product to meet the needs of our sellers, partner with our sales and marketing teams to get the right messaging through the right channels, and collect and leverage seller feedback, insights and data analysis to improve our offering in-market.
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Help our US-based product teams engage with the European market and understand the experiences of the small businesses we serve
- Partner and collaborate with Product Management and Design to ensure product strategy and feature roadmaps support European market needs
- Partner with in-house and agency Research teams to gather qualitative and quantitative product feedback, along with relevant market trends/opportunities, and make recommendations back to product team to incorporate into roadmap
- Review competitive offerings and make recommendations for product differentiation
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns
- Lead the go-to-market plan, ensuring all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximising each channel, tracking program performance and optimising through continuous testing
- Gather and share product feedback from Marketing, Sales, and a broad range of cross-functional teams
- 5+ years professional experience
- Fluency in French and English
- Background in B2C marketing
- Experience partnering with in-house or agency Research teams to outline research needs and translate findings into applicable insights.
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.