Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
Kraken Product Marketing
Kraken is scaling the product marketing org to match our increasing breadth of new, charismatic products and rapidly expanding customer base. You will be our current customer’s voice and advocate as you work cross-functionally with product, brand, design, engineering, and customer engagement. We are building the strongest product marketing practice in tech. We operate at the unique intersection of fintech, crypto, and marketing. We focus on quality in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets. Join us before we take off!
About the Role
Kraken’s Product Marketing team is bringing crypto to the world. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager with extensive regional experience in Europe to lead our efforts to grow value for our clients across some of our most strategic markets. You will work directly with regional managing directors, localized support teams, and partners in product, marketing, and legal/compliance to direct inbound, go-to-market, and lifecycle marketing. We’re looking for self-driven leaders that can affect change by working with multiple stakeholders, use data, research, and interviews with clients to inform strategy, and are comfortable in the fast-paced, quickly changing world of crypto.
This is a fully remote role with a preference of being based in Europe.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive activation post-sign up for new clients that have onboarded and develop an activation/retention/reactivation strategy for our client base in Europe
- Organize, coordinate, and lead research with our UX/Market research functions to understand nuances between clients by segmentation, geography, and key needs
- Develop a localization strategy for key markets in Europe with Content, Client Engagement, and other teams to speak directly to our clients needs.
- Work with Client Engagement to understand the pressing challenges our clients face to synthesize feedback across multiple countries in Europe, and inform product development
- Conduct and coordinate quantitative and qualitative inbound marketing research efforts to empathize and confirm what our target clients love and need most from Kraken
- Plan and execute go-to-market strategy for new products, features, enhancements, and token listings by forming the positioning and messaging
- Plan lifecycle marketing and retention, resurrection, and retargeting campaigns for our current client base to help steer their journey and discover new products
- Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals
- Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker
- Keep an astronaut’s mindset: pivot from the micro-details on the ground up to the bigger picture macro view and back down again
- Use sound product sense in marketing every day: identify the problem we are solving for, our hypothesis, what goals we will set and how we measure them, what channels are best to use, what we should do now, and how we can scale and automate
- Be an owner: step up and take the lead on challenging, ambiguous work
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing, product management, or other marketing
- Degree in finance, marketing, economics, mathematics, or similar preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the European financial services market, including how customers and cultures vary by country
- Crypto or consumer fintech experience preferred
- Experience using omnichannel marketing tools, paid spend, SEO, product tools like Mixpanel, Segment, and Figma
- Concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
- Experience with multiple marketing channels and a history of focus on the right message for the right customer on the right channel (at the right time!)
- Ally to product managers and other marketers, often volunteering to test alphas/betas, lead inbound customer research, and seek diverse perspectives
- The antithesis of a lone wolf: you clearly communicate and involve stakeholders early and often and work to secure buy-in, address concerns, and incorporate feedback
- You’ve got a couple of moonshot ideas for transforming marketing in crypto
- You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: From €75,000.00 per year