Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in Australia. Kraken is scaling the product marketing org up to match our increasing breadth of new, charismatic products and rapidly expanding customer base. You will be their voice and advocate as you work cross-functionally with product, brand, design, engineering, and customer engagement. We are building the strongest product marketing practice in the industry. We operate at the unique intersection of fintech, crypto, and marketing. We focus on quality in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets. Join our before we take off!
- Lead product marketing efforts for Australia and the Asia Pacific region in our retail and pro product lines to empathize with and wow our clients through simple, intuitive investing experiences, i.e. crypto magic: it’s their first foray into investing and you will guide how it goes
- Plan and execute regional go-to-market strategies for new products, features, enhancements, and token listings by forming the positioning, messaging, and value proposition
- Learn what customers need before they need it through direct interaction, surveys, and market sizing; bring that perspective to design, roadmapping, and backlog prioritization
- Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals
- Use sound product sense in marketing every day: identify the problem we are solving for, our hypothesis, what goals we will set and how we measure them, what channels are best to use, what we should do now, and how we can scale and automate
- Structure and optimize A/B and multivariate testing in channel marketing
- Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker
- Create and share intel on competing products and marketing; summarize what is working well and what is not and how we will differentiate ourselves
- Be an owner: step up and take the lead on challenging, ambiguous work
- Keep an astronaut’s mindset: pivot from the micro-details on the ground up to the bigger picture macro view and back down again
- 2-5 years of previous experience in product marketing, martech product management, lifecycle, or channel marketing
- Concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive, TL;DR summary
- Experience bringing products to market in fintech, a startup environment, gaming, e-sports, or SaaS
- Experience with email, web, mobile/push, and content marketing with a history of focus on the right message for the right customer on the right channel (at the right time!)
- Ally to product managers and other marketers, often volunteering to test alphas/betas, lead inbound customer research, and seek diverse perspectives
- Be the antithesis of a lone wolf: you clearly communicate and involve stakeholders early and often and work to secure buy-in, address concerns, and incorporate feedback
- Previous crypto experience not required
Nice to have
- Geo-specific, global client experience in Australia and Asia-Pacific
- You’ve got a couple of moonshot ideas for transforming marketing in crypto
- You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us