Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To learn. To consult. To think along with clients and partner with them to improve outcomes. To make markets. T
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To learn. To consult. To think along with clients and partner with them to improve outcomes. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. We’re looking for leaders who are passionate about changing the status quo and being part of solutions as pharmaceutical companies embrace the extraordinary technologies available in the 21st century to grow and expand the business model and success. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging healthcare problems? If so, let’s talk.
In the clinical research realm, we are focused on providing tech-forward, cloud-based tools powered by advanced analytics to accelerate drug development and elevate the experience of stakeholders who manage data in the clinical trials workflow. Our focus is to bring an intuitive, advanced clinical trial workflow remotely accessible to sites and patients, with an emphasis on speed to value for sponsors, CROs, patients and regulators.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role you will be a part of a strategic product team focused on the expansion of our clinical development technology. You will collaborate with researchers, UI/UX designers, engineers, clients, business development, marketing, customer success managers, and other stakeholders to identify, prioritize and implement key functionality.
IBM Clinical Development (ICD) is a unified software as a service (SaaS) Clinical Data Management System (CDMS) that reduces the time and cost of clinical trials and enables life sciences organizations to bring therapies to market faster to benefit patients. ICD enables the design and management of clinical trials with more control, convenience and confidence through one interface that unifies:
- Patient engagement (ePRO);
- Electronic Data Capture (EDC);
- Data integration;
- Reporting & analytics;
- Medical coding;
- Randomization and Trial Supply Management (RTSM); and
- Endpoint adjudication;
IBM Clinical Development (ICD) Product Manager, you will identify and drive delivery of product features that meet the evolving needs of global clinical trial enterprises.
- Contribute to the clinical development roadmap with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Communicate and present product roadmaps to various team members and stakeholders, internal and external
- Create end-to-end product and services strategies that are market differentiators
- Act as a voice of the customer, with a deep understanding of user personals, pain points, and customer journeys
- Become a subject matter expert in clinical data management systems, customer needs, and technology requirements related to the life sciences industry
- Foster an open and unified platform mentality and execution approach across our organization
- Continuously rebalance product/service features which maximize value and minimize effort to focus on the highest return on investment
- Work across the full product team using Agile methodology, inclusive of sprint planning, epics, user stories, and release management
- Lead problem solving discussions with internal stakeholders (e.g. designers, engineering, implementation, development, etc.) to ensure that all necessary inputs are considered, and the team collectively makes sound, data-driven decisions
- Collaborate on the General Availability process for new releases by coordinating with other groups, such as IT, Training and Professional Services
- Act as a product owner and focal point for subsets of functionality track enhancement requests and provide guidance, both for customer focus groups and internal focus groups
- Monitor industry-leading trends and assist with ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data
- Support business development and other customer-facing teams in high-value meetings with prospects and customers
- Experience providing product direction to meet business, market and user needs
- Strong commitment to customer advocacy, success, and customer engagement
- Successful track record in collaborating across organizational functions and driving cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to present information clearly, persuasively, and at the appropriate level of detail
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize, work under pressure/deadlines, and recognize areas of improvement to accomplish tasks effectively and efficiently
- Excellent people skills: the ability to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, third parties, including clients, and senior-level/executive management
- Experience prioritizing customer requirements, working with stakeholders and internal teams to define market opportunities and business plans in support of company goals
- Strong operational mindset, decisive, “get it done” mentality
- Excellent product evangelism and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where handling pressure and achieving deadlines are normal
- Exhibit conscientiousness by have an “owner” mentality, a thirst for knowledge and a pension for problem-solving
- High integrity person who can build productive, long-lasting relationships at all levels
- Strong experience with cross-functional teams including software development and software quality teams
- Be intellectually curious and hungry to learn about new areas
Required Knowledge, Education & Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of product management experience and 5 years of practical experience within the clinical trials industry is strongly preferred; only candidates with at least one of these requirements will be considered
- Strong single grasp of software development and delivery concepts
- Deep understanding of technology needs in the Clinical Data Management domain
- Comprehension of a platform-based approach of product development with Data Management operational best practices, regulatory requirements, and technological landscape
- Experience with delivery of an enterprise product line using Agile-Scrum development methodologies
- Drive and passion for industry-leading, best in class UX and UI
- Recent experience (past 5+ years) in the field of Data Management and/or clinical data systems
- Experience in clinical operations, clinical data management, real world data, risk-based monitoring, including emerging efforts to evolve clinical trial conduct
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization, with experience including sales, marketing and product development preferred
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- product management experience OR experience within the clinical trials industry
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.