Company Description It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dy
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Verse is looking for a Product and Commercial Counsel to provide legal guidance and direction on all aspects of Verse’s business. This includes the main areas of law applicable to our products (i.e. financial and payments regulation, licensing, data privacy), as well as general business matters like marketing, corporate governance, partnership and vendor contracts, and litigation. You will have support from Square’s global legal team and outside counsel but will be able to provide legal deliverables and advice independently. You will report into Square’s legal team but will have significant autonomy to make legal decisions for Verse.
- Provide legal guidance to product and engineering teams throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- Draft and negotiate all forms of commercial agreements (including key partnerships and vendors)
- Manage regulatory relationships and inquiries
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, advertising, IP, and privacy laws and regulations to provide sound compliance advice
- Draft terms of service, product policies, consumer disclosures, and implement related processes
- Work closely with other stakeholders (tax, compliance, accounting, outside counsel) to provide seamless support to business partners
- Actively cultivate creative ideas and insights into how legal frameworks can support new product developments and customer experiences
- 4+ years of relevant experience at a top law firm or in-house legal department, preferably with experience at a high-growth startup or tech company
- Experience interpreting complex legal topics into understandable and actionable guidance for non-lawyers
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with contract and legal management tools
- Actively licensed to practice law in Spain
- Fluent in both Spanish and English
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Job Type: Full-time