Role Title: Privacy Manager - Commercial. Working to protect the privacy of more than 500 million Vodafone customers and employees, Vodafone Group Privacy team,…...
Role Title: Privacy Manager – Commercial
Location: London, Paddington
Working to protect the privacy of more than 500 million Vodafone customers and employees, Vodafone Group Privacy team, a function under Vodafone Group Legal, oversees Vodafone’s global Privacy Programme and ensures its implementation within Vodafone Group. Joining us as a Commercial Privacy Manager, you can be part of our award winning, empowering privacy function, working on cutting edge global privacy matters.
With us you will:
- Partner with the commercial side of the business to help shape and steer the commercial strategy and consumer product portfolio to ensure privacy is at the heart of it;
- Support our Privacy by Design and Assurance activities across a range of global data processing activities, including management of commercial privacy impact assessments and supporting privacy demand management through our privacy management tool OneTrust;
- Liaising with local market privacy contacts on global assessments to ensure any local requirements are accommodated for;
- Advising on global commercial privacy issues including commercial marketing, adtech, cookie management, consumer IOT, Big data and AI, Application management, Blockchain, mobile and fixed connectivity services and value added services;
- Fostering privacy culture through regular engagements with commercial Privacy Champions and Business Owners, providing training and awareness;
- Supporting regular Policy Compliance Reviews that verify compliance with Vodafone Privacy Risk Control framework with regards to Permissions and Transparencys and other similar second line assurance activities;
- Supporting Commercial Supplier Compliance processes, in particular ensuring privacy considerations are incorporated to supplier management for key commercial processes and products;
- Supporting the negotiation and execution of external and internal data protection terms including commercial partner agreements, commercial supplier agreements, complex and internal framework agreements;
- Developing and embedding privacy notices, templates, advice, guidance and processes with the objective of making the negotiation of data protection terms more efficient and effective. This includes leveraging internal policy and procedure to ensure that all available tools are used.
It would be nice if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience in privacy and or legal.
- Expert understanding of the GDPR and ePrivacy directive;
- Experience in negotiating contracts and data protection clauses.
- Good understanding of global privacy landscape in commercial businesses;
- Knowledge of compliance management standards, tools, methodologies and best practices;
- Ability to analyse complex information and identify key and relevant points, including communicating in a relevant and easy to understand manner.
- Experience of OneTrust would be highly advantageous.
- Privacy accreditation such as the CIP/E preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
- Flexible working
- Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Interest free commuter loan
- Global parental leave policy for all new parents which includes 16 weeks fully paid leave and upon returning to work, new parents can work part-time hours for 6 months whilst being paid their full-time salary
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning